Did you have an opinion on suits?

MrsB4MrsB4 Posts: 135

I was just wondering how much, If any, say you have on the H2B suits at the wedding!? Did you chose together or did he pick them completely on his own? My h2b hasn't picked his yet and I am just intrigued to know how it worked for everyone else? 

• FutureMrsKFutureMrsK Posts: 235

Me and my h2b have planned everything together so suits was a joint decision image 

• SheandHimSheandHim Posts: 379

If mine had his choice him and his best man would be turning up in Dumb and Dumber ruffle suits, so this will be a decision we'll make together.

• MrsB4MrsB4 Posts: 135

Will you go with him when he tries them on? I would like a say so was thinking maybe we go together first and narrow the options down, then he goes with his ushers etc at a later date! Not sure I completely trust him to choose them! 

• FutureMrsKFutureMrsK Posts: 235

We went together with his mum, groomsmen and best man. They all tried on some styles then we picked the one everyone agreed on 

• JulyBugJulyBug Posts: 420
    SheandHim wrote (see)

If mine had his choice him and his best man would be turning up in Dumb and Dumber ruffle suits, so this will be a decision we'll make together.

Haha, this is the same as my fiance, SheandHim - him and his mate have those Dumb and Dumber ruffle suits so any excuse!image

We've ended up going for a traditional suit for the Ushers that is part of the national dress from where my mum grew up so I'll def be involved in that aspect to make sure it looks right. My fiance may wear this for the receiption but he is going to wear a suit to the ceremony and we've been discussing options and colours etc but I think I'll leave him to try it on/choose as I'd like it to be a surprise.

• KateMarried3KateMarried3 Posts: 339

My h2b grew up in the '80's so I was sure he was going to show up looking like one of the Brat Pack kids in "16 Candles" or "Pretty in Pink."  I went with (just) him to the formalwear store and picked out the outfit so that I knew it would coordinate with everything (my dress, the overall style and feel of the venue, etc).  It's not as if he was involved in making the choices on a lot of the wedding details, so it's not like he would have known what kind of outfit was going to "work" with the rest of the details. And I love him, but...even if he knew the details of the wedding, he isn't exactly a fashion-minded individual, and his own choices probably would not have fit in anyway. He then went back with his three sons (his best men) and they were fitted and got the outfits ordered.  We didn't do suits really, just dress shirts, ties, slacks, and vests.

• Little JulesLittle Jules Posts: 1,538

We started looking at suits last weekend - I went with H2B and his mum to look at options. We will decide together and I suspect I will go back to the shops with him. He seems happy that way! 

• MrsB4MrsB4 Posts: 135

Thank you everyone! Looks I will be joining my H2B on his suit shopping just for a little guidance!! 

• Spam88Spam88 Posts: 1,001

We went shopping together, but he chose (except I told him he was having an ivory cravat...).

• jemmykins09jemmykins09 Posts: 618

ours is kind of a mis-matched suit lol 

pants - H2B and Best Man are sorting themselves, black only! 

shirts - H2B was with me when i bought, both have tried on and like

ties - H2B preferred skinny ties, i picked colour and fabric

suit jackets - i fell in love with ones that were over £90 each purely for jacket, they went half price so i bought them, luckily they both love them and they fit lol