RAF Brides

Hi All,

Just wondered whether there was any one else marrying into the RAF. If so, what colour scheme have you chosen? x

• mlturnermlturner Posts: 256
    Hi

I get married in 6 weeks, my other half is in the RAF. He'll be in number ones and the other men are wearing navy blue suits. Girls are in fushcia pink which goes really nicely with the navy xx
  • Hello,

My H2B is based currently at Valley! But I live in shropshire, and work every saturday, so we only get to see each other for a day and a bit each week. Making planning our wedding a wee bit hard!

He says he doesn't want to wear his uniform, as I'm not marrying the RAF, but rather narrying him. But, he still wants to keep the colour of Blue as a running scheme for the day!

xx
  • BeckylouukBeckylouuk Posts: 151
    H2B will be in uniform for the day so we're having a Navy, ivory and silver theme. He didn't want to wear his 5's for the evening so we've got him a Navy suit to match the rest of the non military wedding party for the night.

xxx
  • speechukukspeechukuk Posts: 102
    Hey!!

We get married on April 23rd so not long for us!! image our colour scheme is like a vintage gold (bit bronzy, not bright gold!) it looks lovely with H2B's no1's! We have the men in Navy and gold too! all looks brill together! cant wait to see it all on the day image xx
  • Speechukuk- good choice image That's the colour we've decided on x
    Haha its a popular choice for us RAF brides! I justified it by the colour of his buttons LOL! xx
  • LadyFushiaLadyFushia Posts: 567
    We're getting married in October, H2B will be in his No.1s, Bridesmaid will be in dark teal (bluey teal rather than greeny teal), My dad and best man will be in Navy blue with teal ties. RAF blue is an awkward colour to match to I found - greys are too grey, blues aren't grey enough! lol

My dress is a kind of sand/champagne colour. Just hoping it all ties in together on the day!

xx

PS Feelin your pain on the "trying to plan a wedding in one day per week"!!!
  • We've too used the gold buttons as justification of the whole colour scheme image

My H2B is generally only home weekends too, which doesn't leave much time for wedding planning. On the plus side, I'm going to have plenty to keep me busy when he goes on tour in October x
  • The gold is a popular one image

My H2B is in the RAF, getting married in July. He is wearing uniform, and our colours are a deep purple & a bronzy gold/yellow. It may look a bit mixed up I think because of teh purple but I wanted another colour with the goldy colour so bridesmaids in beep purple, other men in navy suits & yellowy gold ties, flowers are sunflowers for the yellow gold colour. Hoping it works!
  • Seems like the gold is a running theme image

So what do all of your H2B's do in the RAF? Are you all going to be moving on to a base once your married? x
    Yes!! The gold theme just keeps going!! image

My H2B works on the rader thingys doing 'sorties' lol i swear i listen but its hard to explain lol! Although at the min he's seconded into a different trade working on a training course to help show all three forces how to work with the planes to drop bombs in afgan! Its like a different world! lol!

Ye were moving on to the base! We move to RAF Scampton in July! we have our own house at the min so think it will be a culture shock! lol! Where is everyone else gonna live??

16 days for us!! EEEEEKKKK!!! xx
  • Oh wow, only 16 days, you must be so excited.

My H2B is in 2 squadron, RAF Regiment. He's basically part of the RAF's infantry unit, in their para squadron...or something to that effect ha ha.

We'll be based at Honington in Suffolk, once we're married. Anyone know what it's like? I've heard it can be very bitchy image x
  • mlturnermlturner Posts: 256
    I get married 2 weeks today, moving to a house near RAF Cranwell but h2b works at RAF Coningsby. So excited! Apart from major stress with job and move! xx
  • We had royal blue and burnt orange. looked really good on the day! We got married 7 weeks ago and 3 days before the wedding my husband got his first posting - to scotland. We too own our own house so definitely going to be a culture shock! Have emptied our house this morning and Dans just set off in the lorry to take everything up.

Good luck with all your impending big days! xx
  • My H2B is RAF and we are having a lot of different coloured blues.

H2B is in No1

Royal Blue table runners and chair bows

Bridesmaids are in a grey/blue colour

Ushers and pageboys are in Sharkskin Grey with a light blue cravat

Bestman is RAF but we haven't decided if he is wearing his No1's or if he'll be in a normal suit

H2B is over at Coningsby doing his dream job, working on the golden oldies 'Battle of Britain Memorial Flight'.

We get married August. image
  • raspberry_jamraspberry_jam Posts: 616
    my h2b is also in 2sqn at honington...wierd! My friends that live at honington are all happy..i'll be moving there before we get married in aug next year image
  • my partner is working at raf coningsby we are havinn pale blue as are colour scheme .
  • Quoted:
    my partner is working at raf coningsby we are havinn pale blue as are colour scheme .

Same image
  • is your partner based at raf coningsby to? ordering my bridesmaid dresses next weekend! when do u get married?
  • No sorry same colourimage Aug wedding x
  • not long for u to go then we get married novv 2012
  • Quoted:
    Oh wow, only 16 days, you must be so excited. My H2B is in 2 squadron, RAF Regiment. He's basically part of the RAF's infantry unit, in their para squadron...or something to that effect ha ha. We'll be based at Honington in Suffolk, once we're married. Anyone know what it's like? I've heard it can be very bitchy x

Hi

My H2B has just left Honington (got posted to Scotland image ) I'm in Lincoln so we see each other at weekends. Honingtonitself is nice, and Bury St Edmunds is lovely. I have some friends there if you want introducing to some people?

Amy
  • Hi

My H2B has just left Honington (got posted to Scotland ) I'm in Lincoln so we see each other at weekends. Honingtonitself is nice, and Bury St Edmunds is lovely. I have some friends there if you want introducing to some people?

Amy

Thanks hun. I've been living up there for a few months now, and have managed to meet some lovely girls, fortunately image

Was he posted to 58SQN? I know one of the girls based up in Leuchars, I've heard it's lovely up there. How are you finding the distance?

Sherry
  • My h2b is in the RAF, but we are not having anything to do with his job invlolved in our wedding day. Too much hurt and upset is associated with his number ones, and he finds them a lot more uncomfortable than a nice suit.

xxx
  • MrsRigby2BMrsRigby2B Posts: 3
    My H2B is in the RAF based at Marham, he was going to wear his number 1's and we planned the bridesmaids dresses in burgundy which went lovely together and his best man is also RAF so also no 1's and now my H2B has gone and got a new job and leaves the RAF before the wedding so now need to get suits for the guys instead!! I will be sad to say bye to RAF as I am friends with lots of his mates wives and girlfriends but I'm sure we will stay in touch.
  • Hi Ladies,

My partner is RAF and hes based at Marham,. We are thinking about a December wedding and a purple colour scheme although i havent checked it will go with his no.1's.... Nice to see other RAF brides/bride to be's on hereimage

• LittleRed_10LittleRed_10 Posts: 1,453

Yaay Donna, another current RAF bride! This forum can be very empty sometimes image

H2B is at Boulmer at the moment but is hoping to come down to Scampton next, and then do some extra training which would limit his moving to be in Lincolnshire only image

• Lucas2704Lucas2704 Posts: 100
    LittleRed_10 wrote (see)

H2B is at Boulmer at the moment but is hoping to come down to Scampton next, and then do some extra training which would limit his moving to be in Lincolnshire only image

Hi LittleRed_10 is your H2B a weapons controller by any chance? Just going by what you posted above. My H2B is desperate to do that as soon as were married - id love to move back (home) to Lincolnshire! Were currently at RAF Spadeadam so not too far from Boulmer

• LittleRed_10LittleRed_10 Posts: 1,453

oooh Lucas nice guess :P

Almost, he's on the course at the moment and he has had the worst luck with weather and flying so he's not got that many sortie hours but has his checks soon so fingers crossed!

We're looking at buying our house in the midlands, I'm currently in Leicester but we're both southerners and just can't bear the idea of being that far away from our homes- so he really needs to come back down. Who knows, if we both end up in Lincs we could be friends in the future :P

• Haha imagine if they end up working together in the future and we already "met" on here! image . Was the course hard to get onto? Id be made up for him if he got on and ended up working on the AWACs it would be his dream job. After pilot of course! lol x