Reminder: No advertising in the forum

Hannah YYWHannah YYW Posts: 119 admin

I've seen quite a lot of advertising posts from wedding businesses popping up on the forum recently - and particularly businesses posting the same or similar messages across multiple threads. 

This is not the place for advertising wedding services, as our forum rules quite clearly state. 

Anyone who persists in posting advertising-related posts will be permanently banned and their posts will be deleted.

I encourage users to report advertising posts as and when you come across them.

• Can we include/ report individuals who are business owners who post, and post, and post relatively useless messages on threads thinly disguised as contributing to a conversation, when they are clearly self-promoting? It seems we have a plethora of 'togs doing this lately.
  • Hannah YYWHannah YYW Posts: 119 admin
    Can we include/ report individuals who are business owners who post, and post, and post relatively useless messages on threads thinly disguised as contributing to a conversation, when they are clearly self-promoting? It seems we have a plethora of 'togs doing this lately.
    Yes, please - I'm keen to hear about repeat offenders!
  • Can we include/ report individuals who are business owners who post, and post, and post relatively useless messages on threads thinly disguised as contributing to a conversation, when they are clearly self-promoting? It seems we have a plethora of 'togs doing this lately.
    Yes, please - I'm keen to hear about repeat offenders!
    Will do!  And thanks. 
    @Matt20 can stop anytime.  Found four threads in a row just earlier today.
    @Hamid was ace at it a few days ago.  He even made some comment on one of baby/TTC threads, which I thought was particularly inappropriate.
  • Hannah YYWHannah YYW Posts: 119 admin
    Thanks, @KittyFiennes, we'll take care of this, and sorry you've had to put up with all this posting! 

• Thanks, @KittyFiennes, we'll take care of this, and sorry you've had to put up with all this posting! 

I think you are all doing a great job helping us keep the spam to a min.  Just the very presence of a moderator's posts should help!
  • is it possible for someone to do something about @martin.gover  as all he does is spam about his own venue, he even recommended it on a post where someone wanted venue help in Hertfordshire! 
  • @CoffeeDogAddict I loved his response to you - "Well St Albans is too expensive anyway, better have it in Wales" :smiley: