Forum full of spam and ads!

MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,911 New bride
Hello Hannah,
The forum has become really offputting at the moment, there seem to be very few actual brides and the forum is just full of spam posts, ads and people bumping ancient threads with spam! It's becoming very tedious.

• GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,310 New bride
    Seconded. I flag as many as I can as spam. 
    Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.
    Our report: A fun, classic May day in navy and blush
    My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,911 New bride
    Yes I keep flagging and reporting but it seems they have to be flagged more times than there are genuine posters to get deleted!
  • FYI, if something gets flagged 5 times it gets sent off to the mods to check (found this out when I was the lucky 5th flagger earlier!) so keep flagging, it does work eventually :) 
  • CoffeeDogAddictCoffeeDogAddict Posts: 1,200 New bride
    edited 1 March
    I agree, its really getting a bit much now. 
    I understand it cant all be monitored and its hard to find a way around it, but i do think us regular posters end up doing half the modding for YAYW. 
    Surely someone there can check it even daily just to delete whats obviously spam? It'd be a 30min job to pop on and delete all the rubbish.
  • Hullass1972Hullass1972 Posts: 596 New bride
    It does seem to be the same people every time that are doing the flagging, they'd be removed a lot quicker if everyone joined in!
  • MrsRendall2BMrsRendall2B Posts: 749 New bride
    It feels like a bit of a ghost town here at the moment in terms of 'regulars' although I guess a lot of summer brides are still in planning hibernation and won't start coming back out until next month  :D

I check on here most days just because I like to read what other people are planning and throw in some advice/help if I can but like you say @MrsCToBee, it seems to be 95% spam and old threads getting dragged up. 
    Maybe, I'm this summer and seem to be in the full throes all the time but then I have a lot going on in general.

I think once people get married they mentally move on too, I see so many wedding reports on here that get started and never finished! And there have been a lot of weddings recently so I think we've 'lost' a lot of regulars.
  • MrsRendall2BMrsRendall2B Posts: 749 New bride
    I'm this summer too and have to admit planning took a back seat over December/Jan with so much other stuff going on and the fact I'd already organised most of the major stuff. Back on it now and more excited than ever though :) 

Very true about people mentally moving on after their wedding, I suppose you move from one chapter to the next.

Maybe now is a good time for me to actual do a proper planning thread haha  :D I've started twice and then just haven't found the time! 
    edited 4 March
    I think the fact that no one from Y&YW has replied to this post in Forum Help tells us how often they look at the boards.
    If they don't have time to mod them they should pick some regulars as moderators.
    edited 4 March
    @admin_youandyourweddinguk

(no idea if that even links to anyone but seeing as Hannah doesnt seem to be "taggable" i figured it was worth a shot. 
  • Hannah YYWHannah YYW Posts: 119 admin
    Hi all,

Apologies for the delay.

However, @MrsCToBee, this delay doesn't "tell us how often they look at the boards".

I do a spam sweep every single weekday morning without fail, and so I did see this.

The reason I didn't reply immediately is because we were sending our next issue of the magazine to press last week so I was extremely busy.

I didn't want to just dash off a response without carefully considering the matter and the best solution.

I'm going to raise the matter with our technical team. As you may know, we migrated to a new forum in November, so I'll find out if it's related to that.

@CoffeeDogAddict your last post links to nothing related to Y&YW's editorial team.
    Thanks for the update. It might be worth having something we can link to that actually tags the mods/admin team so we know you will definitely see it.