Forum home Archived Forum rules

Advertising in chat rooms

Dear Webed,

Thanks for taking off one of the adverts from the "Make up Lesson?" thread in Hair & Beauty, as we all prefer reviews from real brides who've used the services, rather than the purveyors of them (a current notable exception being rdweddingdesgin who has given us all some great advice on flowers).

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that there is another advert on that thread you may not have spotted, from Beautiful You.

• webeditor01webeditor01 Posts: 1,514
    Hi VP

Thanks for your message. I've been keeping an eye on the beauty threads but I had missed that one, so the message has now been removed. I agree it is very difficult when suppliers are giving general advice, but we have to be careful that they don't go further and advertise their services. I've left RD on as, as you rightly point out, she's simply giving advice when asked.

Please do report anyone else who is advertising by using the report to moderator button, or by posting me a message and I'll remove the post as soon as I can.

Best wishes

Web Ed

PS thanks to everyone who's already been using the report to moderator button, I've just been through the site this afternoon on the basis of these emails and removed any posts that contravene the rules, so thanks for keeping a look out for these, you're making my job a lot easier!

[Modified by: webeditor on November 24, 2006 05:24 PM]