Forum home Archived Forum rules

Any ideas welcome

Hi

I am getting married in June next year and hosting the reception in a maquee in a field over looking a beach (Bantham in Devon).

Does anyone have any ideas of where we can have a blessing (as we are moving abroad we actually got married a couple of weeks ago)... or hold a kind of dummy ceremony?

Sx

• If you are religious you could have a blessing in your faith. This could happen in a church or anywhere that the Celebrate agrees to.

If not, have you looked into a Humanist blessing? Humanists don't believe in God, but they do believe in humanity and goodness, and a Humanist ceremony is very personal and quite beautiful. They are completely tailored to you and your partners relationship, you can do a hand-fasting etc for example.

They are not legally binding in England so you have to have a Civil Ceremony as well, but if I am reading your post right, the legal stuff is already done?

The humanist ceremony can take place anywhere within reason! So you could do it on the beach, in the venue etc.

Hope this helps, I wasn't sure if you were looking for specific venue ideas or just general blessing ideas.

Congratulations by the way!

Sarah x