Church Weddings - What Hymns Have You Chosen???

What have everyone decided to put on their hymn sheet?

We are having:

Lord of All Hopefulness

O Perfect Love

Jerusalem

C x

• babybukbabybuk Posts: 248
    Hi Charlie,

We are having Jerusalem aswell and probably Oh Jesus I have Promised but the livley version not the slow 1! I dont want slowy 1s I want them to be full of life hymns!
  • Hi there!

We're having 'Be Our Chief Guest Lord' as our first hymn (it's sung to the tune of Morning has Broken!). See link for the words. It's beautiful!

http://www.weddingguide.co.uk/articles/wordsmusic/hymns/Hymn-MorningHasBroken.asp#BeOurChiefGuestLord

Then we're having 'Lord of the Dance' as the middle hymn, then 'Lord of All Hopefulness' as the final hymn x

• Hi,

We are having Praise My Soul the King of Heaven and Lord of All Hopefulness - want lively hymns too!

C.xxx
  • We are having Jerusalem, Be Still and Love Divine all Loves Excelling. I really wanted Abide with Me as I like the hymn and it's a linked to football since it's sung at the FA Cup, but decided against it due to the association with funerals.
  • We're having Dear Lord and Father of Mankind - it's beautiful but always makes me cry!
  • banana_jambanana_jam Posts: 2,215
    We're also having Lord of All Hopefulness, plus Morning Has Broken and All Things Bright and Beautiful - can't not celebrate the joys of nature at a Spring wedding :\)