Doesn't time fly?

My lovely little girl is three years old today and I am feeling a little sad. She is growing up so quickly and is a stunning, clever, generous, loving and beautiful little person. I am so proud to be her Mum.

I just don't know where the time has gone. I don't want her to grow up too quick as the bigger she gets, the less she needs me and I like being there for her.

Silly really but I expect there are lots of Mums who know how I feel.

Thanks for reading!

• kate342kate342 Posts: 3,358
    Oh I know, my little girl's only 8 months but I get tearful because she's started saying mama now and I think "where's my baby gone :\( ?", it's even more touching because she was two and a half months prem so only weighed 3lbs when she was born so she was a proper tiny baby.

Now she's a strapping 19lbs and growing so quickly!!

Three is a great age though bet she's really cute!!

• Stuart42Stuart42 Posts: 201

Hi,

I know exactley how you feel, my son will be 17 in February.

It only seems like yesterday when he was born, they become so independant so quickly.

I don't like it

Helen

• Hi

I cant believe how quickly this year has went by my son is now 7 it only feels like last year he was born

he was also 2 months premature but is now really tall and very intelligent.

• Tori28ukTori28uk Posts: 781
    It would seem that this is a feeling I'm gonna get every year now until forever! I can't imagine ever loving her differently just because she gets older. I think I will love her just the same when she is 50!
  • Oh Tori - that's so sweet! Unfortunately I don't have any children of my own yet but I do have a big family (7) and lots of nieces & nephews (2 nieces, 10 nephews) and i've just recently become a GREAT aunt - I'm only 28!! but i kinda feel that way about them because they all live at home in Dublin and each time I see them i think God they've all grown up so quickly - but as was mentioned above 3 is a great age - i bet she's well mischievous!! image) but whenever i say things like this to my mum she always says "a daughter's a daughter all her life, a son's a son until he finds a wife!" so no matter what your precious little girl will always need you - just like I still need my mum (get to see her tomorrow as going home for weekend - can't wait!!!)
  • Just wait til they start having children of their own! I have 2 sons of 19 and 22. The eldest and his partner are expecting twins, due CHristmas Day so likely to arrive at any time now! It feels like only yesterday my boys were babies!
  • A daughter never stops needing her mum.....the needs just become different, mine is 20, and still a baby in many ways!! And time does fly, I can't believe how fast!!!
  • Tori28ukTori28uk Posts: 781
    It's nice to know other peoples experiences. I hope we remain this close forever and that I can always make her as happy and special as she deserves to be.

• kate342kate342 Posts: 3,358
    I've just finished reading Julie Walters Diary of a Pregnant Woman and at the end she's says how she finslly "understands" her mum now she's had her little girl and it's so true.

Me and my mum have become a lot closer since I had my little girl.

In a way I can't wait for her to grow up so we can be close and we can do girly stuff together but then I want to keep her tiny because she's so cute and has lovely sausage legs image