Wedding Night........or NOT!!!

Hi girls,

Thought I'd put this in General Chat as I just wanted some opinions.. Many brides I have spoken to in the past have told me they were too exhausted to 'consummate' the marriage on the wedding night. I know its tradition and an expectation to do so but how many of you actually did?? So sorry if its quite personal and please feel free NOT to answer but I just wanted some feedback because knowing me I will be too shattered to get out of my wedding dress....

Thanks girlies!!!

(also I am quite bored at work)

• MaireadbroMaireadbro Posts: 2,300
    Probably not - after both of us have danced the night away - think we will be too knackered - will wait to the morning!!
  • clarekellclarekell Posts: 6,666
    I don't think we will have the energy - But that's why we have a 17 night honeymoon booked! image
  • TulipBrideTulipBride Posts: 3,966
    From another bored at work...!

I doubt it! Will probably be so knackered will only be able to manage a cuddle.

We tend to me morning people anyway, if you know what I mean... so probably the morning after the night before for us!
  • LizaAnnLizaAnn Posts: 201
    I know we definately will... We are having a break in the middle of the day and our venue has a private bride/groom room - so i'm thinking do it quickly and early and get it over with! LOL!

If not, we will try at hotel, I think its one night where you need to make an effort and just do it... Its your wedding night - you'll prob be so full of adrenaline that you'll want to! LOL!
  • Hmmm, I think we will try but I think I will be too exhausted and wont want to take my dress off! H2B has already planned it all out in his head! Men!

• Jem27Jem27 Posts: 207
    We did it on the wedding night! And that was after flying to Milan for our honeymoon straight after our wedding and checking into our hotel, we were determined lol! xxx
  • Fay27Fay27 Posts: 1,323
    I doubt it very much! Esp as we will have loads of friends staying over at the hotel wtih us, I have a feeling the partying will continue in one of the rooms well after they've kicked us out of the main reception room so I don't think either of us will be in any state.

But that's what the honeymoon is for! image
  • ChookukChookuk Posts: 1,183
    Quoted:
    I know we definately will... We are having a break in the middle of the day and our venue has a private bride/groom room - so i'm thinking do it quickly and early and get it over with! LOL!

If not, we will try at hotel, I think its one night where you need to make an effort and just do it... Its your wedding night - you'll prob be so full of adrenaline that you'll want to! LOL!

How very romantic image
  • shjrobinsonshjrobinson Posts: 4,047
    I don't think it's something you can plan, if you're up for it (he will have to be lol) you're up for it, I hope I'm in the mood for some post matrimonial fun though!

• LizaAnnLizaAnn Posts: 201
    Quoted:
    How very romantic image

I know... but i know what we're like...;\)
  • PumbaaukPumbaauk Posts: 216
    Thanks for some feedback girls. Nice to get views from others. I agree with the fact that we will have a honeymoon to go to so I guess the marriage will be consummated many times!!!!

Mrs Colville to be....you 'ole devil you!!!! Loving it!!! image
  • Nope we didn't.... ha!!

It was a lovely night... but had NO ENERGY at all... a nice kiss and cuddle was okay!!

xx

• MummyMBMummyMB Posts: 275
    Im hoping we will have enough energy, im sure after a few drinks and lots of adrenaline it will happen image can't wait!!! xxx
  • ChookukChookuk Posts: 1,183
    Quoted:

Fair enough then! I didn't mean my comment in an offensive way by the way- you really reminded me of Four Weddings and a Funeral though. "Oh Lydia" image
  • gemmiebabygemmiebaby Posts: 1,305
    We did...we were knackered but we had booked this room that was absolutely beautiful and neither of us wanted to waste that by simply going to sleep. It was lovely and definately one to remember. Sorry girls of thats too much info but I thought like you beforehand...id be too tired etc but wouldnt have had it any other way!
  • What a great conversation topic for a really boring day at work (there's no-one in, the City is like a ghost town - its great!). I'm really hoping we will manage it at some point on our wedding day - we only get a wedding day once in our lives, after all. But know what you mean - stress, alcohol and lots of family don't make for the ideal situation. Apparently only one third of couples do on their wedding day. I like the future Mrs Colville's plan. Very practical!!! I think that's what we're going to try and do, though the reception is at my parent's house so we might have to sneak around abit to find somewhere quiet....
    Quoted:
    Quoted:

Fair enough then! I didn't mean my comment in an offensive way by the way- you really reminded me of Four Weddings and a Funeral though. "Oh Lydia" image

Ha ha ha Cloud 9, thats a great scene!!!!

Mrs Tinkerbell, i think thats lovely and I imagine me and H2B to be doing the same. Fine by me xxx
  • You can make up for it another time... got your whole lifes together!!

• lynetteamoslynetteamos Posts: 1,123
    We had already decided that if it happened it happened, and not to force it if we were knackered - we would definitely have done it the morning after regardless lol!

As it was, as soon as we went up to the room (me being carried in of course) we couldn't get enough of each other and it was the MOST incredible night. image Hubby had fun trying to undo the lace though, and the dress stood up on it's own when I stepped out of it, was all rather amusing.

I think the main thing is not to feel like you HAVE to, otherwise you end up just anticipating how tired you might be, the logistics of when to go up to your room etc etc. That simply takes all the specialness out of it.
  • MrsTil08MrsTil08 Posts: 2,066
    We were shattered! But we had a lovely bath together and were so loved up that we couldn't have not! Ive never wanted him more than on our wedding night when i looked at him all gorgeous with a wedding ring on, i can't desribe it! It was fantastic too!

I think those that think you will be too tired will get a suprise! You will fall in love all over again on your wedding night and you won't be able to keep your hands of each other.

But saying that we are very sexual people, my hubby would have it everyday if not 2 or 3 times a day, at times i have actually thought he may have a sex addiction image

Sorry if that too much info for anyone!!! image

xxxx
    Ooopsss hope my post wasn't a convo stoper! Maybe it was too much info?? Oh dear! lol!
  • We did! I'd bought some lovely lingerie especially so it wasn't going to go to waste, ha ha! It was fab and afterwards we even managed to stay up and watch our wedding video on the camera and read through our guest book. We were knackered though but just made the effort but I can see why it doesn't happen for a lot of people. We didn't drink too much which may have helped (mainly because only 2 people offered to get me a drink all day stingy lot he he and I didn't have much of the wine with the meal so my guests could have more). I think too much booze would definitely have stopped much happening when we went to bed!
  • lynetteamoslynetteamos Posts: 1,123
    I know what you mean Totally in Love, we were completely drained, but something happened once we were alone that kind of cemented and brought home what we'd just done, and we were just brimming with love (soppy I know), so it was completely natural and more passionate than ever. It feels strange because I know for a fact that that was THE ultimate emotion I've ever felt and at this point in my life, can't imagine any other moment being quite like it.
  • lol MrsTiL.... it wasn't TMI at all...

We had a photo shoot for 1st thing in the morning (photographer wanted some sunrise pics on the beach) so we needed an early-ish night... The pics came out beautiful, i really wish we could have had a nice morning together, instead of rushing back in the dress!!

Really glad that some girlies did do it on their wedding night.

mrs gemmiebaby, i know what you mean about not wanting to waste the room. We will be spending our first night as a wedding couple in the same hotel we first had sex so it will be such a shame if we didn't as the room is lovely.

gingerlawyer will you be having your actual wedding night in your mothers house?

saver6 I completely agree about not forcing it. I think thats the way forward. Glad you had a great night.

MrsTotallyInLove, the having a bath, not keeping your hands of each other and falling in love again....I think I want to cry. Thats such a lovely thing and how I imagine it to be....I hope you both continue a lifetime like that because i think thats great!!!
    Quoted:
    Ooopsss hope my post wasn't a convo stoper! Maybe it was too much info?? Oh dear! lol!

Not at all!! On the contrary, its absolutely great!!!
    LOL I'm glad it was like watching tumble weed for a minute haha! I thought oh dear! Glad to see i'm not alone!! Good topic!

Oh and Pumbaa, i love your posts everytime i see that avatar it makes me sing " ah wim a wa ah wim a wa in the jungle" hehe! xx
  • We didn't and I wouldn't have wanted too!! I wanted our first time as husband and wife to be sober, special, slow and sensual and defiantely not overheard. Thats what the honeymoon is for!!

Instead we sat up for hours talking about our day and how great it was. We had the perfect ending to the perfect day...laying in each others arms smiling and talking!!

• me and h2b have both agreed no pressure and we'll see what happens but assuming probably not- just a lovely cuddle and snuggle x
  • new-mrsbnew-mrsb Posts: 2,015 New bride
    mrstotallyinlove, your post made me smile i know exactly what you mean about the wedding ring, i was the same lol