NOT having hen night

I am not having a Hen night, just not my kind of thing and feel very uncomfortable with lots of people around me. I just dont like the idea of to many people making a fuss of me.

Some of the girls coming to the wedding has asked if they could arrange a night out - something like a meal. WOuld it be rude if i said no? ( my bridesmaid is my 12 year old niece!)

• mrshelen74mrshelen74 Posts: 9,282
    hi hun if you dont want a meal then u can say no, my hen night was just me and 3 friends for a pub meal, i also didnt want a fuss
  • why not have a girly day with your bridesmaid.. a nice film, a little make over session nibbles and a giggle with your niece? I know what you mean though I'm not keen on the whole hen night thing.. i'd much rather watch a dvd with a glass of wine with my friends in doors
  • TomyCTomyC Posts: 761
    If you don't want any kind of do, you mustnt feel pressured into doing somethng you don't want to do.
  • kathrynoukkathrynouk Posts: 2,250
    im going out for a mealwith a good friend, my 2 bridesmaid and best man and his gf. I was going to have a house party but dont want the mess and I hate clubbing etc as I dont like crowded places
  • Leeanne73Leeanne73 Posts: 3,698
    Daisylove you do whatever you feel comfortable with but i hate to say this but EVERYONE IS going to be making a fuss of you on your wedding day!!!!!! Thats the bit im not looking forward to.
  • my sister didnt have a hen night as was 5 months pregnant when she got married, instead the night before the wedding we sat in PJs with facepacks on eating lemon meringue pie and chatting, it was good fun
  • JAX1145JAX1145 Posts: 1,742
    Quoted:
    my sister didnt have a hen night as was 5 months pregnant when she got married, instead the night before the wedding we sat in PJs with facepacks on eating lemon meringue pie and chatting, it was good fun

Sounds like my type of night!!....not the being pregnant bit, just the lemon meringue pie!! yum!!

i to am thinking of a more intimate dinner with my girly friends and a 45 im not really in to the club scene more the wine and a italian ( a meal that is!! lol)..

Enjoy what ever it is YOU choose to do....

jax

• MrsSB09MrsSB09 Posts: 816
    Hi hun it is your day! If dont want a fuss then dont have one. I think a day with your nieces would be nice. I am having a big hen weekend but that is because i hardly ever get to see my friends who all live in Belfast. If i was having it in England it would be very low key and i wouldnt have many guests at it.