Registery office wedding help

hello lovely people.

im getting married in a registry office and was wondering on how the order of service went,

can i walk down the ailse to a song i like, have readings during the service ect.

any help would be great xxx

• MrsP-CMrsP-C Posts: 8,370
    Hi hun

I'm having a reg office ceremony and having the same as you would in a church pretty much just without the religious content. x

[Modified by: Mrs PC on July 31, 2009 05:41 PM]

• im getting married in Birmingham registry office they give us a choice of 4 classical pieces to choose from for walking down the aisle(they gave us a lil booklet with them in and other info)...also in the booklet they gave me a choice of 3 reading to chose from(all beautiful).....have you booked your wedding yet?...they usually give you a little booklet with info of how things run on the day and the reading and musical choices
    We were able to choose any music and readings we wanted subject to registrar approval and also write our own vows/promises, have bms etc. It must depend on the office.
  • Fallen-angel666Fallen-angel666 Posts: 1,983
    nope not booked it yet, not getting married till halloween next year, just want to get some ideas and try and sort as much as poss, xx thank you for the replysxx
  • with our registry office you can book a year in advance so as soon as it gets to a year from the day you want to get married go in and book it as the dates go SO fast.good luck x
    What made you go for Halloween just out of curiosity?

[Modified by: Mrs PC on July 31, 2009 05:53 PM]

Im a witch, so halloween means something to me and my fiance, xxx

going to book it as soon as we can, xx
  • daisylozdaisyloz Posts: 3,109
    Our register office is a new 'luxury' one ...its fab...we get 3 songs for guests before..1 to walk in ...2-3 during signing and 1 to walk out....plus 1 or 2 readings......I chose this over the hotel....cheaper too ! They'll give you details before you book if you ask ??xx
    I'm Wiccan x I've always associated Halloween more with endings than beginnings (the death of the god and winter coming etc) by the year wheel though! perhaps it's different for other branches though x
    sounds cool, daisyloz, where you getting married? xx
    im not wiccan,

when something ends, something has to begin!

plus im a goth so a halloween wedding with halloween games and stuff will be fun. dont want a trad white wedding x
    Ah you just go in for the spell work then? I've not done any for ages, so naughty!

Sounds like loads of fun! Apple bobbing and water scrying could b a laugh, you could do little cauldrons full of sweets as favours too! x
  • CelticDreamsCelticDreams Posts: 1,013
    Quoted:
    Im a witch, so halloween means something to me and my fiance, xxx

going to book it as soon as we can, xx

Aww sweet, gutted I didn't think of that... we arranged our first date on all hallows eve after being friends for 3 years (it was the night I realised I loved him).

We've been asked to pick 4 songs... not sorted out the readings yet. x
    no im a witch, i just dont follow wicca,
    Sorry, as I said I really am just interested xx

*waves to Celtic Dreams*

[Modified by: Mrs PC on July 31, 2009 06:15 PM]

thats ok,, Witchcraft is older than wicca,

*been a witch all my life*

aww celtic dreams thats soo cool xx
    Oh I know , I tend to only use Wicca as a general reference and take bits from everything else too x