help please ?

i am sat here in tears becuase i have no jeans or trousers that fit me! image this isnt just because of christmas its been happening quite often,,, some days they fit fine but then the next i cant do them up, sometimes by dinner i have to put hubby tracky bottoms on,

hubbys getting stressed with me , ive sobbed on the phone to mum

anyone have ideas as to why im bloating like a yo-yo?

any would be appreicated xxx

• kazc82kazc82 Posts: 51
    what about a dress or skirt?
  • i dont have any dresses and the few skirts (im not really a skirt / dress person) i have are the same , im really baffled as to why this is happening x
  • Food intolerence? Time of the month? IBS? There are lots of reasons, obviously if its bothering you, go to the drs to get tested for food intolerence/IBS. But seriously, dont get so upset, there are real problems in the world!!!
  • Delilah1981Delilah1981 Posts: 1,484
    I do this too! Sometimes my stomach can be flat as a pancake, then the next day I look like I am 3 months pregnant! I'm not sure what causes it, but I think it's probably things I eat...

I have a large collection of jumper dresses for those 'bloated' days!
  • kazc82kazc82 Posts: 51
    i agree - dont get upset. if u are going out i doubt people will notice cuz everyone will be more interested in enjoying themselvesn tonight. just wear a loose fitting top then if u need to undo a button no one will ever know!
  • emmalampkinemmalampkin Posts: 6,619
    Quoted:
    Food intolerence? Time of the month? IBS? There are lots of reasons, obviously if its bothering you, go to the drs to get tested for food intolerence/IBS. But seriously, dont get so upset, there are real problems in the world!!!

How rude!!

Was there any need for that last comment, i understand your point but to be so brutal when the OP is clearly upset isnt nice.

Em- Maybe a trip to the docs is needed to check you havent got a underlining medical issue. Dont really know what else to say, just hope you feel better about yourself soon.

• thanks emma ....... i was sat here thinking how to put my response!

i will certainly make a docs appointment, its more frustrating than anything as i have 9 pairs of trousers and jeans that at the mo dont fit and it can change day to day ..... x
  • fraggle11fraggle11 Posts: 1,683
    Ah hun, don't get upset although i know thats easier said than done!

Lots of places now do intolerence tests, i think you pay between £20 and £40 for them - the GP will prob advise you to cut cut certain foods out for a couple of weeks at a time. Bit gross but do you poo regularly? they will get you to keep a log (no pun intended) of this too... you could also try a colonic? They are very good and cab tell lots from just 1 session.

have a drink and try not to let it ruin you evening... i'l bet noone else even notices and that you look lovely anyways x
  • mojo2001mojo2001 Posts: 3,511
    you have mail hun
  • Delilah1981Delilah1981 Posts: 1,484
    It could be that you are intolerant of wheat? Bread makes me bloat up - but not to the extent that I would ever give it up! However, I did go through a stage of not eating wheat products, and weighed 2 stone less than I do now.

Other things could be dehydration, constipation or trapped wind - nice. Try drinking a lot of water, and massage your stomach.
  • peachpieukpeachpieuk Posts: 4,813
    Quoted:
    do you poo regularly? they will get you to keep a log (no pun intended)

Sorry Em. This made me larf.
  • Quoted:
    you have mail hun

thanks mojo x have replied x
  • Babyboo69ukBabyboo69uk Posts: 2,559
    aww hun I know how u feel I feel like crap when I am bloated like that

Like some of the other girls have said it could be a range of things but I think what we eat can have a big effect on bloating etc. Still spk to your doc though to put your mind at rest

I opened the top buttin of my keans today as they were hurting and my top covered it but then I am on AF so I know why lol

Hope u feel a bit better soon hunnie xxx
  • Sorry, didn't mean to sound so mean. I have the same problem, but I would never see it as a 'problem', just one of those things. Making it a problem where it stresses out your H2B and crying on the phone to your mum just seems a little much. Concentrate on the fact that you are loved - when your tummy is huge and when its flat! I have seen my friend drive people mad with the fact that her hair is extremely frizzy - her husband hated it, it drove a wedge, and they ended up divorced. Then she got cancer, and is having to get through it without the man she adored. We all help her and still love her, but this post just nipped at me I suppose. Sorry x
  • i have always been underweight not thru any fault of mine , so when it comes to weight etc i is a big deal to me as it is for many over weight people ( my sister included ....... so without sounding rude my self unless you have been in this situation its hard for you to understand where im coming from .. altho i appreciate what you have said x
  • i know its not a big deal compared to cancer...... as my mil has it x