I know its not over yet!

but when are you ladies taking dwn your decorations

I will either Saturday or sunday, my poor tree is now very droopy

Happy new year ladies

• I'd have had ours down at the beginning of the week. I've felt like bah humbug this year lol
  • We took ours down Tuesday evening....rrrrrubbish!! xx
  • poshkateposhkate Posts: 256

I'm going to take our down tomorrow. Nearly did it yesterday but have held out......it's cracking me up having to clean round them all !
  • mrshelen74mrshelen74 Posts: 9,282
    i know ive got dusty selves i need to clean but cant be arsed to move card then put them back
  • tomorrow, i want my front room back!

• I always do mine on Jan 6th I'm afraid. I love Christmas anyway and I adore my huge tree so leave it for as long as possible - and the 6th is my birthday so it's been a tradition for as long as I can remember! When I lived at home, we used to keep one of the Xmas ribbons out for my birthday cards to go on too.
  • mine comes down tomorrow ... depending what state im in lol .... latest it will be is saturday x
  • will probably be on the 7th, it's my brother's birthday on Sunday (he's 20) and like all the decs to be up for his special day lol
  • ours come down tomorrow.. i want to have a thorough clean and i'm sick of trying to hoover and polish round decs!
  • n474lien474lie Posts: 472
    I was hoovering and accidently hoovered the lights up and knocked the tree into the window so that was it, it came down on tuesday! ooops..

x

• shjrobinsonshjrobinson Posts: 4,047
    Ours were taking down yesterday (honeymoon tomo) so we didn't come back to a load of stuff to do mid Jan

Our tree was droopy too this year, that's me having the heating on too high as per!

• Babyboo69ukBabyboo69uk Posts: 2,559
    H2b doesn't want to take our down until Sat so will do it then, I 'm not overly bothered x
  • holding out as long as possible so will be sun before h2b goes back to work on mon, i'd keep them up all year if i could but know that's just stupid, hate seeing flat all bare and boring
  • kimber-kimber- Posts: 2,663
    probably the 15th of jan!!!! i HATE taking my decs down!!!
  • mrshelen74mrshelen74 Posts: 9,282
    im now off till 2010, have fun ladies tonight see you next year

xx
  • pot_of_goldpot_of_gold Posts: 5,254
    Probably Saturday.

• ours came down yesterday! it was getting to me and i wanted my lounge back! :~)
  • Our's came down today was annoying me had it up since the 1st i dont see any need for it now no presents under it so may as well take it down til next year xx
  • jennyuk3jennyuk3 Posts: 204
    Think ours will be down tomorrow, makes me so sad for some reason, I love Christmas! x
  • kimber-kimber- Posts: 2,663
    i've never known people to take the tree down this early!!! maybe its cos my mum has passed on her love of christmas too me when i was in the womb haha!
  • MrsbbMrsbb Posts: 794
    Happy New Year to you too.

My mum always told me that the tree should come down on the 6th day, so I am sticking to a tradition of a life time. x
  • BambagirlBambagirl Posts: 7,506
    Because of the general chaotic untidiness in our home and the fact that Earl & I don't get a great deal of time together (different work shifts & days off), we haven't put up a tree this year or paper chains & trimmings. I have a couple of nativity scenes, holly, mistletoe etc... too that haven't gone on display.

However, we ALWAYS display our Christmas cards because if people are kind enough to share their good wishes with us in this way, it's only good manners to do so and of course it cheers the place up a bit!

So all we have to do is take down the cards, probably we'll wait until 5th or 6th January for this!

Bamba xx