Forum home General chat

Advice please - which of these two photographers should I go with?

Hi all,

Bit nervous about this as know several people using 'cheaper' photographers have been slated on here, but anyway...

Our budget is tight, I HATE having my photo taken and don't want to pay £1000+ for an album that ends up in a drawer, never to see the light of day - we just want a disc of images we can do what we want with.

We've narrowed it down to two photographers, both of who seem great but my ever so supportive H2B has basically said 'which ever you want is fine' thereby leaving the final decision (along with all others) up to me, and I don't have a clue!

Here's the websites:

http://www.mackphotographyandvideo.co.uk/ManchesterPhotographer.htm

http://www.cunninghamphotographyonline.com/Cunningham_Photography/Welcome.html

Which do you prefer?

Thanks image

• safesadiesafesadie Posts: 172
    I would personally choose the 2nd one, cunningham. I've based it on the quality of the pictures - the focus, the crisp edges etc. They look more professional. I would also base it on the fact that she has qualifications. I know so many people who do photography on the side, they have a website but don't have any technical skill.

Good luck!
  • cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    Have you seen actual portfolios from either of them? If not then I would want to see them to see what their photos look like - there was one photographer I liked on the website but when I saw more examples of their work the rest weren't good at all.

And try and meet them, I decided our photographer and our second choice from their personality as well as the photos as thought they would put guests at ease.
  • safesadiesafesadie Posts: 172
    I agree totally! Anyone can put a nice website together but I'd want to see a lot more too! My photographer is brilliant, I can't wait
  • Foz140607Foz140607 Posts: 419
    We've met up with the first guy - his photos seemed fine, but he only had a couple of albums to look at and we found him online. The second has we've not met, but has been recommended by my bridesmaids hairdresser image He also gave us this speech about there being no hidden extras in with his (very reasonable) price and had agreed that there would be no travel costs to our venue...then after the meeting he emailed me to say he'd be sending a booking form through and dropped in that there would be a £40 travel fee (£20 for each photographer. Wasn't overly impressed with this, but he is extremely reasonable and you get two photographers.

The second photographer I only found today so haven't met, you only get one photographer but she'd be there longer and includes a photobook in with the cost. I'm swaying towards her, but H2B after seeing pics of other photographers doing lots of artistic shots (all of whom were way out of our price range) thinks the pics are 'ok but a bit boring'! image
  • I agree the second one (cunningham) looks more professional and I think the quality and style of the photo's looks a little more modern than the other.
  • july2011july2011 Posts: 817
    I much prefer the style of the 2nd one - the first one looks a little dated to me.