7 weeks to wedding - we've fallen out - LONG

My fella likes a drink as much as any other man but I'm not a drinker at all. I drink maybe 2 glasses once a month.

Last night he jumped up of the sofa at 8pm and declared he was going out with some friends. I was a bit disappointed as it was our only night off together. Needless to say he went anyway.

He has said earlier in the night that he wanted to be somewhere at 7.30am today so I asked him if he had remembered. He said he had and that he would come home when the pubs shut because he is far too old to go clubbing. (we're both 29 lol)

I didn't really mind him going, he rarely goes out alone. At midnight I was wondering what on earth happened to him but he's a grown man and can look after himself. I went to bed. I woke up to a banging at 5am and there he is, pissed as a fart trying to get his key in the front door. I let him in and he went to sleep on the floor in the hallway. I just went back to bed - seriously peeved.

When he woke up at 10am he jumped in his car, still tipsy and drove to his appointment very very late. We exchanged texts, I told him I was disappointed in him.

Now he has taken himself to his folks house because I always "get on at him." I went to talk to him and he was in the pub with his dad at 1pm. Worse still, he was still really drunk from the night out and was just topping it up. He told me he'd be at his folks for a few days then he'd tell me what he wanted to do about "us"

WTF....... I'm a wreck. My folks are on holiday so I can't even talk to mum. I think if he was sober we could have sorted it out but now things just seem worse. My parting shot was walking away telling his dad to sort him out because he's a dick who needs to stop drinking and acting like a stupid teenager.

God knows what will happen now. I feel sick. I know I've made him sound like an alcoholic but he isn't. He only drinks once or twice a week and normally just a few.

What do you think i should do

• XWendyXukXWendyXuk Posts: 754
    I think he is being selfish hun but the best thing you can do is give him his space and dont hound him with texts/calls etc. I am sure his parents esp his mother will want to know whats going on and will make him see sense! Men sometimes hey!!

Thinking of you image
  • safesadiesafesadie Posts: 172
    Oh she won't set him straight at all. She thinks he can do no wrong. When I turned up at their house she just said - he's not here, he's at the pub with his dad. His Dad drinks loads, to the point that I would call hi alcoholic, he comes to walk our dog and drinks 2 cans at 10am. Then goes to the pub every day at 1pm
  • cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    I would see some friends and give him time to sober up and think things through, but don't contact him. It needs to be discussed when you are both sorted in your heads and think of what you think about things too, is it pre-wedding nerves? A one off or a regular thing if a one off then you need to be a lot more lenient than if happens often
  • mrsgLmrsgL Posts: 682
    i agree, maybe its pre wedding nerves. maybe as he was already drunk when he was with his dad, he hasnt really thought abouts whats going on! i personally would let him sober up then both talk. if you think his dad has a problem with drink then he is best staying away from him, let him sober hiself up. once his mind is clear-you should talk.

maybe its all nerves, are his friends married? if they are not maybe he is fretting about being "tied down", you never know!

hope you sort it out

xx
    i've done what you've said. not had any contact after the pub and seen my friend donna, had a giggle. I hope it's a one off so to say, I think i'm wedding stressed and he's getting the brunt of it but i'd rather talk it over than him get drunk
    i've done what you've said. not had any contact after the pub and seen my friend donna, had a giggle. I hope it's a one off so to say, I think i'm wedding stressed and he's getting the brunt of it but i'd rather talk it over than him get drunk