I Literally Can't Stop...

BUYING THINGS!!!!!!!

Please tell me i'm not alone in this?

I have a serious addiction to Glitzy Secrets (among a million other wedding related websites ranging from YAYW to eBay)!

I bought a beautiful hair comb to go in the bouffant/down style I wanted until I fell in love with a tiara on there about a week later and have now decided I need that for the big glamourous bun that I now want instead (only to accommodate said tiara!!!)

The 1st one is way too pretty to send back so that's not really an option (I took the tag off, I think this was a subconscious decision as I knew I wouldn't be able to return it without it)- I might see if my mum will wear it as she's defo having her hair down on the day and she's giving me away so we can be sparkly together ; )

I feel like Rebecca Bloomwood, from the Shopaholic series, as I just can't stop buying things!!!

Where does it end? (don't answer that)

Is anyone else the same or is everyone else all being super good?

I'd super heart you if you tell me you're the same ; )

xXx

• SheraleighdSheraleighd Posts: 1,336
    Anyone?
  • Is it too much to wear them both together image x
    Ah ha ha!

Hmmm, I could try- one at the front and one at the back maybe? hee hee

xx
  • NowMrsWoodNowMrsWood Posts: 438
    I feel your pain! I am exactly the same!

I received loads of ideas from brides on here and now I just can't stop spending money - I have spent hundreds on Cox & Cox, Not on the High Street, Ebay, Etsy - you name it I have bought it!

My way of thinking is if I get it all out of the way now I will have less to stress about and buy nearer the time.

• singo44singo44 Posts: 3,420
    No no no no no!!! lol

Stop that spending! Hehe

I can't talk I'm now on my 5th veil!!! image
    Oh thank God for that...

I'm not alone ; )

I haven't heard of Cox & Cox so now i'm off to ggogle it! UH OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

EVERYTHING ON COX & COX IS SO PRETTY

: )
  • MrsBreese2BMrsBreese2B Posts: 483
    Cox and Cox is my weakness! I LOVE it!!! And yes, I too am a spendaholic - it's just too much fun!

Argh!!! image
  • Sell the Glitzy on Ebay they Almost go for what they are

worth! I sold a side tiara for a few quid cheaper than

I bought it!
  • MaylanMaylan Posts: 9,604
    image I've managed to get away. For a while I was trolling ebay all the time looking for something/anything to buy image

Had the same problem with magazines. But I stopped image
  • happy-lydhappy-lyd Posts: 184
    So glad I am not on my own, have a serious wedding spending addiction, just bought my tiara and BMs hair combs from caradan designs they are soooooo pretty.

I agree with amylou114 and am trying to get things all bought early before all the payments need to be paid next year - and it's exciting hee!! image
  • NowMrsWoodNowMrsWood Posts: 438
    Sheraleighd sorry I have introduced you to Cox & Cox! that is my fave. A bride on here put a 20% off discount code a few weeks ago so bought £200 worth of stuff - whoops! image
  • COX & COX HAVE A 60% SALE!!!!

Eh, oops sorry.....what i meant to say was STOP SPENDING!!!

• n_e_rosen_e_rose Posts: 1,562
    I've made a list of things to buy and make each month, and stick to it pretty much, otherwise i would be broke each month.

I've stopped buying magazines each month now, as i think thats £6 i can spend on the wedding.
  • Haha been there! I'm on my 3rd pair of shoes and my 2nd set of jewellery and tiara! My spare room is the wedding room at the moment! image
    Quoted:
    Sheraleighd sorry I have introduced you to Cox & Cox! that is my fave. A bride on here put a 20% off discount code a few weeks ago so bought £200 worth of stuff - whoops!

Oh babe,

"Treat yourself" that's my moto!

I always tell h2b that they were "practically giving them away" or "they were as good as free" accept that they cost a bit of money!!!!!!! hee hee hee

Quoted:
    Haha been there! I'm on my 3rd pair of shoes and my 2nd set of jewellery and tiara! My spare room is the wedding room at the moment!

Oh my God, we have a wedding room at BOTH our mums houses as our flat just can't accommodate my loot! hee hee

There are 2 more boxes sitting next to me here in my hotel in Boston as I type, waiting to join all their boxy friends back in London!

I just can't stop.

Every time i've bought "the absolute last thing" I find a new obsession.

This weeks one is a sparkly bejeweled garter for heavens sake ; )

Listen girls, we're doing this wedding thing one time only so lets just go all out : )

xXx
  • JoeyClareJoeyClare Posts: 2,737
    I can't decide on my bridal lingerie. Bought some Mimi Holliday briefs for £30. Now not so sure, so bought some Chantelle ones for £30! That's now £60 on two pairs of sodding knickers!! I decided as it was my big day, that I'd splash out, but fully intended on one pair!

I'd also decided I hated garters. Then went browsing for miscellaneous wedding items and found.

http://www.etsy.com/search/handmade?search_submit=&q=florrie+mitton

So now, not only do I want a garter, but I want one that will cost £50. The Internet is not my friend... image
    JoeyClare I was exactly the same thinking "what do I need a tacky bit of frilly elastic?" till I saw those etsy ones!

I just don't think I can rest until I've purchased my very own piece of overpriced ribbon! hee hee

Maybe we should all chip in for one and all have it as our something borrowed! ha ha

xXx
    Sorry image I'm not wearing a garter even if they point a gun to my head image

I tell myself that I don't need to buy stuff to decorate as that's sorted. I don't need more for my outfit, as that's sorted, too image Don't want to look like a bl00dy Christmas tree image

I really like magazines, but they are way too expensive to keep buying them image
    Well seen as i'm having a winter wedding 5 days before Christams day, I might just be able to pull of the whole christmas tree look! hee hee

Load me up & bejewel me! hee hee

Well, mine's in August image so unfortunately I don't have Christmas or Cross day (May 3rd) to decorate myself excessively image jk.

If only wedding things weren't so expensive image
  • I don't have a garter.....yet.....
  • flossycat100flossycat100 Posts: 6,527 New bride
    No garter for me! Can think of few things worse than applying a lacy tourniquet to my thigh before spending hours on my feet. And luckily H2B hates them too image
    Get yourself on etsy flossycat!

hee hee

• Those etsy garters are gorgeous!!

My aunt already bought me a traditional one...is is too much to wear two?! image
  • MrsRuddersMrsRudders Posts: 2,761
    I was the same for my wedding last year:

Two dresses( have just GIVEN one away as couldn't sell itgrrrr)

2 veils (sold one b4 wedding)

2 pairs of shoes

Two lots of centrepieces (we had 13 tables so sold first lot to fund second)

2 garters

2 side tiaras (I sold the first glitzy secrets one on here for same price paid as out of stock )

2 lots of accessories for flowergirls (again sold on here)

3 pairs of wedding earrings - I have worn them all since so not a prob image

2 bracelets - Mum had one in the end

It goes on and on and on lol.

But its SO exciting image image image

p.s daft thing is I still look now and I am married!!
    Mrs Rudders that's so funny!

And super cute that you still look now ; )

xXx
  • JoeyClareJoeyClare Posts: 2,737
    Quoted:
    I just don't think I can rest until I've purchased my very own piece of overpriced ribbon! hee hee

That made me laugh!!

I think you know you buy too many magazines when you could wallpaper your room with the 'Celebration plus' and 'E and L insurance' leaflets that seem to be in EVERY magazine.
  • i am the same - I now have 3 pairs of ivory wedding shoes - who needs three?

and I got some blue ballet pumps for dancing image