Hump Day is Strike Day!

Morning all!!

Off to try my luck at the Leonardo (despite the strikes). If it doesn't work, I'll try again tomorrow image

Hope everyone has a nice day!

• Morning Maylan! Good luck with your mission image

No strike for me, but saw a few outside the Job Centre this morning... x
  • MaylanMaylan Posts: 9,604
    I hope I can image seems THEY have walk outs too, so we'll see.

That said, the Degas yesterday was pretty nice! image definitely do goimage
  • Blarf that made me giggle!

Im 30 next week and asking myself the next question!

On a positive note I would never say you are 35... you don't look a day older than 34 and a half image Just messing!

• Alexa1471Alexa1471 Posts: 1,959
    Have fun Maylan,

Morning P. Are you well?

ETA: Morning blarf! - that made me chuckle!
  • I feel a bit under the weather, and my internet at home is not working properly which is annoying.

Have an uber busy week at work so can't even afford to stay in bed one day to recover from man flu image
  • welshgracewelshgrace Posts: 1,224
    Morning all x
  • MrsR4evaMrsR4eva Posts: 1,246
    Yoo hoo ladies .... Don't think the strikes will affect me today .... Just glad the Sun is shining . Happy birthday blarf for tomorw... How old ? You really don't look it .. let's hope it stays sunny for the brides marrying this weekend image ...
    OMG MrsS! I wouldn't fancy walking round your works at night.... eeek!
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

Just noticed. 7 months today! image
  • NowMrsB2012NowMrsB2012 Posts: 4,835
    Morning all!!!

I have a half day holiday this afternoon so Im only in the office until 12.30 today image

Blarf- happy birthday for tomorrow! I thought once you get to 30 you start counting backwards? Happy 25th Birthday then!

Good luck Maylan! Im hoping the strikes wont affect me today image

Hope you feel better soon P xx
  • welshgrace and MrsR4eva

Morning!

MrsS2b17

Bless you! I know how you feel my office is right next door to the Job Centre, Brighton Courts and the main police station so you can imagine the characters I get to see everyday image
  • Morning all. Happy hump day. xx
  • Morning CBW how's the fake baby?image
  • The fake baby is grumpy image Bless her. How are you? I am so unable to post much at the moment, life is MANIC image Feel well out of the loop.
  • Oh noes! Booo for grumpy baby image

Im OK... suffering from man flu again...never having a flu jab again! image
  • Stephb1986Stephb1986 Posts: 2,536
    Morning ladies, how are you all this morning?

I'm off work today, I did it all last night because we have people visiting later on image

Steph xx
  • Morning everyone

8 days today image desperately trying to bump up 2 evening guests (as we've had 2 drop outs) but no one can get time off work.

I have man flu now too, along with my swollen eye - damn germs! But h2b is feeling bit better today, so at least that's good.
  • doorstopperdoorstopper Posts: 1,674
    Morning all! Got a busy day today and avoiding starting on the massive mountain of work that's piling up... Dancing lesson with Mr Doorstopper later - last one and we're still useless image image
  • There's a Xmas fair at work today and I hear they will have CAKE
    MrsS - i like the invite. As for info i think you've captured everything....

Cake????!!! I've just had a homemade chocolate cornflake cake. yum!

Going to my venue tonight with H2b, my parents and h2b parents to try the wine! GOing to choose what we want on our tables etc....
  • mmmm cake

and won a fluffy dog at the tombola.... good result all around!
  • RowenaFWRowenaFW Posts: 2,078
    CBW do you have one of those door bouncer things for miniCBW? A friend of mine got one for her baby, and apparently he bounces and grins until he gets tired, then she takes him out and he just falls asleep! She thinks it's amazing!

MrsS - "to the wedding or reception." can probably be taken out to make the sentence less convoluted!

I'm not sure what info you need to include, but we have on ours:

Time (and when to arrive), date, who is invited, whose wedding, who is inviting. RSVP by date, RSVP address, gift list details, RSVP card with dietary requirements and drinking requirements. Dress code, map, parking/transport info., rough idea of hotel whereabouts, details of reception/ceremony/drinks reception movement and times. I think we also have an approx finish time somewhere?

minky - exciting!
  • It's December tomorrow image slap me on the arse with a big wet fish. Where has time gone?
  • Quoted:
    It's December tomorrow slap me on the arse with a big wet fish. Where has time gone?

image image image Gone into lots and lots of crazy forum posting I believe.

Seriously, I've been here since July and it still feels like July but it's nearly December, what is that about?! I swear I've done no planning in that time, just changed everything!!

I'm avoiding running and avoiding doing any work today. If my lecturers are on strike, I am too - right? image

ETA - 8 months and 2 days. Crap. Haven't ordered my dress yet, oops! Minky - I'll come if you really can't find anyone...??? image image image Oh and DTTB time, that's a good procrastination technique if ever there was one!
  • doorstopperdoorstopper Posts: 1,674
    We've just had our work Christmas tree delivered - I LOVE Christmas!! image
  • MrsFaulkyMrsFaulky Posts: 6,671
    Morning peeps, had a massive power cut at work this morning and only just got on here. I had the best intentions of getting loads of work done today...oh well!

Hope you make it to the exhibit Maylan! When do you go back?

35's young blarf! It's Mr F's 40th on the 9th image

Strikes are rife here today working next to the port. Alot of stinky drivers are all congregated downstairs as there are no customs offices open to stamp their clearances to Europe.

Mmmmm conrflake cakes Alexa, I haven't had one in years.

Mrs S extra info is looking good, we're having the same non poem gifty thing as you!

My proofs have been signed off today for the day invitations so just awaiting them to be printed!!

Another cr*p day ensuing...my sis got awoken at 1am to say her son has been missing since Sunday (he's only 17). He chose to move out and live with a foster carer about a year ago basically so my sis couldn't discipline him anymore and he could just go around doing what the hell he liked. He's such a little sh*t. She really doesn't need the stress, her dog got run over the other day too and is still at the vet's sudated image
  • MrsFaulkyMrsFaulky Posts: 6,671
    I can't be *rsed to celebrate my birthday this year Blarf. I'll just be pleased with a few drinks indoors with friends. Mainly looking forward to Mr F's party although my dad and his gf said they may not be coming so that's both sets of parents out for me. Not that they don't have very genuine reasons but I'm just sad they won't be there to celebrate in his day.

I shall indeed be showing you girls the pics as soon as they are in my possession!! I adore our invites.

That's awful about your cousin Mrs S. What are they like? She has two sons like this, they both have adhd but luckily the eldest son who's now 22 is finally starting to grow up a bit. They have done some horrific things, I really feel for my sis. Got Mr F keping an eye out incase he turns up around our town. You wish you could shake them don't you Mrs S?!
    Quoted:
    Dress code - Is this really necessary? I would like to think people would dress smart for a wedding? Or is it normal to stipulate smart dress?

Our dress code just says "Sharp suits and Dashing Dresses" with a picture. I really did it because a) I wanted to draw pictures and b) I felt the need to say that I was wearing royal blue so people don't panic crazily over whites. I mentioned wearing shoes they could walk in to get to teh drinks reception and the hat prize. I didn't think people would be offended because I get lots of party and ball invites with dress codes on them!

Quoted:
    Map, parking/transport info., - I am getting married over 200 miles away from most of my friends and family so do you think I should include this info too? It'll be alot of pages!

We had to say a little somethinga bout public transport and parking because Oxford is very anti-car. I just marked on the map which roads had accommodation on and left people to google things themselves. You may want to include some cursory information so that when they look it up they know they're on the right track.

Quoted:
    But the all day info. is on the order of the day sheets they'll get on the day of the wedding, do you think I need to include all this in with the invitiation as well?

If it's on the Order of the Days you don't need to bother with it on the invites. People will only forget/lose them/you'll change it!
    Quoted:
    Quoted:
    MrsS - apparently your fertility starts to drop from 35 onward and you're at greater risk of downs syndrome - ah well.

Bloody hell I have it all to look forward to then

My mother started the menopause at 35. image
  • We didn't put a dress code in our invitations because we don't know anyone who would be stupid enough to go to a wedding in their scruffs image image

ETA If anyone actually did, I certainly didn't notice