• tinainwidtinainwid Posts: 277
    No! I wouldnt say that.. it looks like a summer frock to me.
  • I dont think so either image
  • It's very pretty..

But I don't think I would wear it to someone else's wedding. I am just over paranoid if looking to bridal
  • BigBird78ukBigBird78uk Posts: 547
    Nope - I think it's fine and wouldn't think twice about wearing it.
  • It is not too bridal at all. I think it's lovely, really elegant. Do it image
  • CarmenJCarmenJ Posts: 57
    I don't think so. But if it's not a definite no, then maybe it's best to check with the bride.
  • kye83kye83 Posts: 582
    It's a very pretty dress and I wouldn't mind at all if my guests wore it. However if you have ask it makes me think that maybe you think the bride at the wedding might think it was too bridey.

Sorry for the overuse of 'think'. Hope I make some sort of sense. X
  • Good lord. It amazing me that any bride would give two hoots about this stuff. image If my guests had felt they had to check with me what they could wear I'd have been embarrassed that I must have been a bridezilla. But yes if you think the bride in question might mind, I guess you could ask her, for an easy life
  • nats2013nats2013 Posts: 6,253
    id wear that, if i wore colour. i dont think wearing light colours is as taboo as it perhaps once was. i wouldnt care if someone wore white to my wedding, i hope il be too busy thinking 'im a wife, omg!!! now where's my wine....'
  • __cupcake__cupcake Posts: 115
    I wouldn't think of this dress as 'bridey' at all! I'd wear it.
  • It's a lovely dress, very pretty and not at all bridal. I wouldn't have had a problem if a guest had turned up to our wedding wearing it, but if you're worried have a word with the bride.
  • smophlewsmophlew Posts: 295
    if you feel this way there was a lovely light blue one of the same dress but that one is mink and no way bridal.
  • MrsSmileyjulyMrsSmileyjuly Posts: 1,818
    I'd wear it!
  • smophlewsmophlew Posts: 295
    actually don't think that one is available anymore image eek but no it's nice and not bridal
  • I would think it is fine not too bridey at all.

However I think I would only be bothered if a guest turned up in a wedding dress and a veil!!! image image image
  • kathryncr27kathryncr27 Posts: 297
    It wouldn't even cross my mind that this is remotely bridal.

Quoted:
    However I think I would only be bothered if a guest turned up in a wedding dress and a veil!!!

I actually found out on the weekend that my fiance's mum is wearing a wedding dress to our wedding...! To be fair although it's in the John Lewis bridal collection bit on their website it's just a long delicate silk cream coloured dress. She's wearing a big green hat, shoes and bag so people will hardly get us muddled and it doesn't bother me in the least (although yes I agree a veil would be a bit much!) image
  • MrsKK2BMrsKK2B Posts: 304
    My friend has just bought this dress to wear to a wedding and I went with her when she tried it on and asked the same question but I really don't think it is. It's a gorgeous dress and not even White so go for it! I'm sure you'll look lovely x
  • Not even slightly bridal, it's short and mink - I don't see how it's even remotely bridal image
  • Lauragirl14Lauragirl14 Posts: 107
    People say to wear NOTHING of this kind of colour to a wedding so I just wanted to check. There are a lot of people out there who'd go mad at someone wearing cream and this isn't far off. I just wanted to check. I don't think the bride would care 2 hoots but it is the people of an 'older' generation shall we say(!) that may. Thanks for all the advice x
  • Not Bridal at all! image
  • JaneK2011JaneK2011 Posts: 516
    I was more uncomfortable by the number of people who wore black to my wedding. That is lovely, elegant and summery. It looks like you've made an effort.

Interestingly most of the reviews for the dress have been from people buying it to wear for a wedding.