Did you/are you having a pre-wedding shoot?

I excitedly told my Mum that we'd got all the photography stuff sorted (our friend is doing it) and that he'd suggested a really cool place for our pre-wedding shoot...

Needless to say she'd never heard of it and couldn't understand why we'd want or need one, so are any other brides on here having one?

• MrsMcG2beMrsMcG2be Posts: 402

Yeah we are! My photographers recommend it in all their packages, we get all the photos on disk and our favourite framed. 

I think the main thing for me is I hate having my picture taken and h2b feels uncomfortable taking any serious photos, so unless I want a bunch of lad pictures with me hiding in the back on our wedding day I think the pre shoot is a must! Hopefully will make us comfortable and get us some cool pics! X 

• SeptemberSeptember Posts: 5

Yes we had one as part of our package, she is putting the photots into a guest book for our guests to sign at the wedding.

I HATE my photo being taken and so does my H2B. We didnt want it to be awkward on the day itself so we found this a great way to get used to posing for photos and also see how our photographer works so on the day we all know what to expect from each other!

Most people didnt know what it was either when i told them! x

• LilygirlLilygirl Posts: 429

My photographer is doing a pre-weding shoot for us as a thank you for recommending him on some forums!

• I'm having one done too (this sunday!!) we decided to have one as we're both shy so hopefully this will help us feel more comfortable around the camera. We're also having one as i wanted some nice photos of us to go round the home image

• MrsJCMrsJC Posts: 2,204

We are! It's part of the package with our photographer, and I think I might have found it hard to pursuade MrJC if it wasn't - but I'm really glad we are.

I quite like having my picture taken, but MrJC is really awkwward about it, and I think it will help him to relax. Plus, we don't have that many nice pictures of us together (we haven't been together for that long compared to some) so it will be good to get a few more.

It would have been nice to head down the South Bank or a stately home or something but our tog hasn't shot at our venue before, so we're doing it there. It means she can scope out locations and angles, which I think it will pay dividends on the day!

• MrsBeau2BMrsBeau2B Posts: 1,513

We had ours last year! It was great fun and helped us get to know our photographer better as well as making us more used to being in front of the camera. We have some lovely pics from it too. Helped our photog get to know us and our style better too.

I think pre wedding shoots are a good idea, esp if they are included in the package.

• JJ2013JJ2013 Posts: 628

We did ours in South Bank on the first May Bank hol and it was great, we just got mroe used to being relaxed in front of the camera and it was lovely to have some nice shots of us two in casual clothes. I might use the images as decoration during the wedding.

• Yes!! For 2 reasons - first one is that we want to put a photo on the invites when we send them, and secondly instead of having a guest book we want a guest "board",.....going to stick our favourite pics from pre-wedding shoot onto a board and have guests sign it, then frame it and have it on the wall image

We'll probably go to Lunan Bay, it's the beach where we got engaged image

xxx

• BanariBanari Posts: 1,847

Yep we are having one too pretty much for identical reasons listed above ... It's included in the price and it will give us the chance to get to know our photographer before the wedding day! Really looking forward to it ... Even though its not until next Jan image

• Go for it, definitely. I'm usually the one behind the camera and have pretty strong feelings on these, I even wrote a blog post on them earlier as lots of people seem to have similar apprehensions. Have a look here if you get a chance, hope it's helpful image