Gift ideas for Mother of the Bride

Help!!

I am really struggling to think of something to get my mum as a thank you present. I have bought my dad some cufflinks to wear on the day that are engraved with Father of the Bride and our wedding date and am thinking of getting the hubby to be something similar. Have also sorted bridesmaids with a necklace, but I can't think of anything to get my mum and was hoping for some inspiration!

I want to get her something special that she can keep but am also on a bit of a tight budget now as the wedding is only 3 weeks away and funds are drying up!

Any ideas welcome!!

• jendoojendoo Posts: 166

Iv organised mine a photo book of family photos thought it would be a good keepsake 

• Debs270613Debs270613 Posts: 225

Hi Hannah, 3 weeks is going to fly now! How about an engraved vase? good if you are doing parent flowers. Do you want something to wear, a keepsake, or something with a practical use?

sorry im not much help, but notonthehighstreet.com ( ithink that's it) has loads of bits and pieces so if you search mother of bride in weddings and see if anything grabs you image

• JJ2013JJ2013 Posts: 628

an engraved jewellery box?

• Maybe a watch engraved? or a locket engraved or with photos? lots of sales on at the moment!

I'm struggling for ideas to, i was talking to my mum about the florist quote and she said jokingly 'you haven't got me a bouquet have you? every wedding you go to the mums always get a bouquet' Jaw drop i have ordered her a bouquet and was planning on getting something else too but Jeeezzz mum!

x

• Runaway LucyRunaway Lucy Posts: 735

I you go on the website notonthehighstreet.com there's some really good ideas. I'm getting my mum a rose from there, it's come in a wooden box and a message that you can personalise I think. X

• Lisa - brideLisa - bride Posts: 377

Is that really true about mums getting bouquets?! Mine spaces out the other night because I didn't book her hair and make up. We are on such a tight budget we didn't even book it foR bridesmaids!

• I've got a few things but I am most excited about this - I was out shopping with my Mum a while ago and she saw a display of gifts from http://www.spaceform.com/ and said how lovely they all looked. So I've bought her the Mother of the Bride one as a keepsake. image

• Geek GirlGeek Girl Posts: 145

I bought my mum a Hot Diamonds locket (silver with a teeny diamond in it) from Amazon in the sale (surprisingly reasonable!) and then got her a monogrammed hankie with her initials stitched on it in our colours.

I got them off Ebay and they were reasonably priced, so I was able to get them for both our mums and grandmothers with relevant verses (I wrote my own for Mr GG's mum but otherwise liked the verses). The gift boxes were lovely and they went down very well as a 'thoughtful' gift (although hilariously only one of the four used them on the day, the rest used tissues as they were 'too nice' to use!) but didn't dent our budget too much. Definitely recommended.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110890167249

• MrsBeau2BMrsBeau2B Posts: 1,513

I got my mum a brooch from glitzy secrets - its gorge!  Got a new box for it from ebay as the ones they come in look a bit cheap, but its fab.

Got one for MOG too, but in a slightly different style, they were £15 each

• mrskg2013mrskg2013 Posts: 1,192

We are planning on getting a bouquet for each mum, and a meal for two for both at Langley castle image it's 50 per head so thought we would treat them to a meal there image xx

• LollybearLollybear Posts: 548

I have taken cuttings from my garden and I am going to grow them up a plant each in a nice pot. I am hoping that its cheaper and more lasting than fresh flowers and symbolic in some way.

• HannahB86HannahB86 Posts: 21

Thanks for all your responses ladies! I have been sooooo busy over the past few weeks I completely forgot I had posted this!! I like the idea of the engraved jewellery box JJ2013 as my mum does love her jewellery so I think that would be go down well. I would love to get her a pandora bracelet and charm but we are on a very strict budget now as final payments are coming out!!

Also had a bit of a brainwave last weekend as we were sunbathing in her garden when her and my dad mentioned replacing the garden bench...so thinking of getting them a new one as a joint present but that will have to wait until after the big day now!!

• RinaGeeRinaGee Posts: 751

I got MIL an engraved jewellery box and my Mum a necklace with the box engraved - got mine from Very.co.uk as I wanted to be able to spread the payments a bit!!

• HannahB86HannahB86 Posts: 21

Just bought both my mum and my MIL an engraved jewellery box each off amazon. Very reasonably priced...can't wait for it to arrive! Thanks again for all your ideas.

• Hi,I have very closed relationships with my mom. As for me, I've always prefered to make special presentS for her. I think that wom??n like when they get bedding or accessories. Once I bought JASMINESILK bedding for her and she adore it. (as I remember it was Christmas). Anyway I think that silk bedding - is a quite cool gift for any situation.image