HELP! I've bought the wrong dress!

Hello ladies,

i'm having a major crisis, about 4 months ago I bought what I thought was my dream dress! However since then i've realised i've made a huge mistake! The dress is absolutely stunning but is far too big and showy for my taste and I have since found the perfect dress for me! (which I cannot buy until I sell mine).

I thought it would easy to sell a dress, especially as this one is an ex-sample, so it has never been worn and is a £1,200 dress that i am selling for £600?! How wrong I was, I have advertised it on here and had no response and on ebay, gumtree and all the usual sites and heard nothing! 

Does anyone have any success stories about how/where they sold their dress? I have tried stores that sell ex-sample dresses but they take too much money for commission and I can't afford to loose that much on it as my mum bought it for me!!

PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks - from a desperate bride.

p.s heres the link to the dress:

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/swap-and-sale/beautiful-mark-lesley-wedding-gown-for-sale---never-worn/396929.html

• MrsBeau2BMrsBeau2B Posts: 1,513

I did exactly the same thing and sold mine on ebay. I think you would do well to include real pics of the dress, as i wouldnt buy something that i hadnt even seen a picture of!

• FranitaFranita Posts: 487

I agree - I wouldn't even look at a listing if it didn't have pics of the actual dress (if I were looking to buy one online).

Good luck!

• Thanks girls that makes sense! I'll take some tonight! X

• Have you tried Bride2Bride (www.bride2bride.co.uk)? I dont know anyone that has sold a dress on there sorry but I bought my veil through that site, was really easy to use and seems to have a lot on there so must be popular?

Preloved is another good one if you've not already tried it?

Make sure you include the name of the style of dress, you already include the name of the designer but not the name of the style. When I was looking for my dress, I couldnt afford it full price so googled the life out of 'Pronovias Django' to try and find it cheaper. So on your listing on ebay, preloved etc put 'Never been worn Mark Lesley xxx dress for sale" in order to attract people who are already searching for that style.

Hope that helps and good luck!

• Put a photo up on here Jun people seem to sell dresses rather well one here !  X