First dance

afternoon all just wanted to ask you all what your first dance song is going to be/ been ?  We don't have a SONG together thou we have been together 10 years lol. I've got a few on my list but not sure as yet x

• MrsF14MrsF14 Posts: 131

We don't have a song either and didn't want anything too smoochy! We spent many a night trawling through our music collections and discounting everything we found (We have very different taste in music) 

we then decided we wanted something quite upbeat and fun so we wouldn't feel quite as daft when we were dancing, so we had "you make my dreams come true" by hall and oates, after I heard it on a TV program. Most folk liked the fact it was different, although my mil wasn't impressed!

• JbeeJbee Posts: 60

Ours is Brown eyed girl by Van Morrison.  The lyrics might not be 100% appropriate but it's our song!!  Plus we hate slow romantic songs.  

• Our song from when we got together was bleeding love by leona lewis because the lyrics were spot on for us then, we aren't having that for our first dance though as the lyrics dont fit our situation anymore.. Now we are having Thinking out loud by Ed Sheeran.. i love it image

• Pig  BearPig Bear Posts: 447

I'm tempted by the song on the John Lewis christmas advert! real love by Tom Odell! Hoping that by May people won't keep associating it with penguins lol 

• I love thinking out loud too. Also on my list Van Morrison someone like you x 

• VicNVicN Posts: 1,352

We danced to You're My Best Friend by Queen. Loved-up without being slushy and a slightly faster beat. Made everyone smile. image 

• k8l12k8l12 Posts: 254

We are having the Remembrants I'll be there for you image 

• We danced to With You by Boyce Avenue x

• Can't take my eyes off you . Frankie valliie . Although we did take lessons . Who is taking lessons btw?

• We went for it must be love, madness. Everyone seemed to like it, and we both love the song and the words. Brings a massive smile to my face every time I hear it now.

• JLMJLM Posts: 205

Ours will be groovy kind of love by Phil Collins, H2B is obsessed and it's our song ha

• broken roads by rascal flatts here. we dont really have a song that we can use as a first dance so this is it image 

• Sophia15Sophia15 Posts: 466

Ours is you & me by penny & the quarters it's from my favourite movie blue valentine and I knew it would be my first dance song the first time I heard it! image we're having baby im yours cover by arctic monkeys as our 2nd dance as we love both!

• Sally3Sally3 Posts: 380

We're having an oldie - Rod Stewart Have I Told You Lately? which we both love & is our definitely our song.

• Robyn89Robyn89 Posts: 131

Mine is a bit of a strange one - Andrea Bocelli and Kathryn McPhee - The Prayer - the words mean so much to both of us as we're serving in the military, so it's just a hope that we'll always be safe and come home to one another image