Wedding dress underwear nightmare!!!

Please can someone advise me....Im supper stressed?!?! I can't find the right bra!!!!

My wedding dress has a lace back so a low back bra wouldn't be seen but it's not strapless so the bra could or could not be a strapless bra- doesn't matter -but I'm a 36 dd and can't seem to find any in my size!  Ultimo have a fab low back longline bra which is perfect but they have told me my size wont come back in stock until after my wedding!!!!

Ive tried the bra converters but they don't work for me as I need more support than they seem to give. I have thought about having cups sown into the dress but id like some 'push up' and lots of support so I don't  know if hat would work?

I've looked on line but can't see anything in a dd! Please, please can anyone help with this xx

• Jomc11Jomc11 Posts: 484

Take your dress to a good seamstress & talk it through, you may not need to stress about a bra after all, they should be able to put the cups in & tighten any straps/bodice so that your held up & in perfectly!

• Sarah 39Sarah 39 Posts: 691

My dress was lace and backless so I needed a backless and strapless bra. I went for one of these: http://www.invisibra.co.uk/. I'm a 32DD and it did provide support and a push up! They are a bit difficult to get right at first, but once I worked out how it worked it was easy!

• MrsJCMrsJC Posts: 2,204

Does your dress have lots of structure to it - boning and corsetry and the like? If so, I think you'd be OK with cups sewn in. You can choose to have ones with push-up, so no need to worry about that - I had them and they were fab!

• I feel your pain! I required a low back and strapless bra and luckily Ultimo bought one out just before our wedding! I got mine through Next so just had a quick look online and they have one which might suit your needs - Ultimo fuller bust low back body at £50 and have your size in stock x

• laurapjlaurapj Posts: 726

Hi Emma,

I had the exact same problem and ended up spending a fortune on different underwear pieces. I think I bought 4 different options in the end!

This was the only thing that really did the job for me, http://www.ultimo.co.uk/shop/low-back-body-1421/nude great support as well as the added bonus of being shapewear (I'm a 32DD). I've actually worn it quite regularly since so I've got my money's worth! Seems to be in stock in your size x

• Emma48Emma48 Posts: 10

Hello everyone, thank you so much for all your help!!! 

Im definitely going to try the ultimo body,- I'm quite tall tho so I'm a little worried it won't be long enough in the body for me, certainly worth a try tho!

I will speak to the lovely ladies at the wedding dress shop about having special support, push up cups put in- they didn't mention this was an option when I tried it on originally, just that is need my bra sorted for the fittings so I didn't really think about it until I came to actually  trying to buy a low back bra in my size!!! 

Maybe a combination of sewn in cups and the invisibra would work too?

thank you for taking the time to help.

xx