Words you hate?

Ok so we have done words we all love (like discombobulated hehe) but what about words you hate?

Mine are

Minge

The C word

poonani

baby mother (surely it's the mother of my child ahh this one really grates me)

Lush

and purley from being a mother 'why' (whys the sky blue, why can't I have that, why, why why lol)

There are more and they will come to me.

What are yours.

Sian xx

• Hopes_MammyHopes_Mammy Posts: 5,839
    I hate the word

Phleghm (I think thats how its spelt) - pronounced Flemmm

Ewwwww makes me feel sick!!

Paula

• penguinukpenguinuk Posts: 705
    I hate the word obese!

Wont even write it in crosswords!

And Spiders!! yuk just hate them and anything to do with them!
  • siany01uksiany01uk Posts: 703
    That reminds me paula

Flange - horrid word

S xx
  • kelukkeluk Posts: 1,467
    i hate it when people say' do you get me?' after they say something.

eeeee siany I agree Flange is a horrible word! I think most of the words people use for their "hairy canaries" are horrible! I went through a phase of calling mine my "Growler"!

xx
  • serinec123serinec123 Posts: 537
    Paula.... lol. Bit too much information.....

xxx
    haha!!
  • serinec123serinec123 Posts: 537
    P.S. my word would probably be when someone calls you 'girl'

xx
    Quoted:
    eeeee siany I agree Flange is a horrible word! I think most of the words people use for their "hairy canaries" are horrible! I went through a phase of calling mine my "Growler"!

xx

I am not even gonna ask why pmsl. xx

I think lady garden is the nicest i have heard.

S xx
    Quoted:
    P.S. my word would probably be when someone calls you 'girl'

xx

A guy at work calls me 'girl', not in the horrible way of 'do you understand me girl' but in they hi girl, how you doin girl, still grates me though.

S xx
    sorry ladies!

Must have been too much vodka on the "lady garden" naming day - I then changed its name by deed poll to "Robbie Fowler" (see the rhyming slang there???)

Can we go back to horrible words again - pleeeeeeease??

xx
  • amymamym Posts: 905
    the c word i hate hate hate hate it!!!!!! oh and garment!!!! i think that comes from my sister had a phase when we were younger, where she would sat have you seen this garment. i just shouted its a bloody top not a garment ggggggggggrrrrrr. i think she was only 10 so i would have been 8 i should really get over it lol
  • amymamym Posts: 905
    the c word i hate hate hate hate it!!!!!! oh and garment!!!! i think that comes from my sister had a phase when we were younger, where she would sat have you seen this garment. i just shouted its a bloody top not a garment ggggggggggrrrrrr. i think she was only 10 so i would have been 8 i should really get over it lol
  • emaroid2emaroid2 Posts: 316
    I hate the word "Slag" It's just horrible

I use slapper all of the time though, it just doesnt seem as offensive : )

Em X
  • FloristfloFloristflo Posts: 743
    I hate the word "and" "bothered" "so" and "whatever"

Cant you just tell ive a teenager in the house!!!!
    I know what you mean - I hate Slut and Sweat as well!

xx
  • fraulinemariaukfraulinemariauk Posts: 1,648
    i hate it when people say..gosh and golly.....don't know why think i knew someone once who used these words and i didn't like her much!!
  • jules74ukjules74uk Posts: 370
    Pants & Moist - whether they are together in a sentance or apart... makes me shudder (eewwwwwww!)
  • I hate it when someone calls me 'dear' - whatever age you are it's not nice and I'm a young 35!!

Paula you make me laugh - I love the word 'Growler'. My BM uses it quite a lot specially when we're on the train home from London drinking a few glasses of vino!

xx
  • I've just read my post above and it sounds a bit weird that my BM and I talk about growlers on the train home. I'm not strange, honest!! We were talking about a bit of 'topiary' at the time.

Oh dear this is sounding worse, going to stop right there!!

xx
  • shell1ukshell1uk Posts: 246
    I hate the word shat!

Dont mind present tense shit or even shite, but not shat!!
  • clarksukclarksuk Posts: 1,635
    It definitely has to be the C word. I cringe anytime I hear it!
  • lalapinkuklalapinkuk Posts: 725
    this is one of the worse when a 'lady' say they are going to wet their lettuce instead of saying going to the toilet ewwww
  • Chloe1981Chloe1981 Posts: 879
    Quoted:
    this is one of the worse when a 'lady' say they are going to wet their lettuce instead of saying going to the toilet ewwww

That's so gross!!

I hate it when H2B calls potatoes 'spuds'... don't know why but it really grates on me!

• suzy_connorsuzy_connor Posts: 222
    'Paucity' - sounds really pompous when 'shortage' sounds nice and matter-of-fact. Oh, and 'go with the flow'... what people say when you bemoan the fact that nobody has replied to your invitations yet - "just go with the flow".... grrrrrrrrrrrrrr....
  • betalbetal Posts: 75
    'Panties'. Ew!
  • kass236kass236 Posts: 113
    Got to agree with the C word - absolutely no need for it, EVER!!

Also hate flacid and masticate..... nasty nasty words!!

And my pet hate is when people say 'off of' instead of 'from' -eg. 'she's off of Southampton' when it should be 'she's from southampton'

xx
  • MrsMcCall2beMrsMcCall2be Posts: 918
    The c word for definte

The other word is Nosh. Not used in a food way!

• echeshireecheshire Posts: 404
    I absolutely hate the c word but can't think of any others, I'll have to give it some thought. Oh yeah, I hate the word "feminine" My mum always says it. Like, ooh yes that's nice, it's really "feminine", it makes me cringe. lol.

Paula, did you get the term "growler" from Bo Selecta? I'm sure the lorraine kelly character used to say "can you see my growler?" haha.
  • Emma_GiffordEmma_Gifford Posts: 1,589
    MUCOUS

UGH