help advice needed please :(

Hiya it's my childrens chritening on the 19th August and I bought a dress but now I feel really frumpy in it ,I'm rubbish with clothes any advice about what to wear thats suitable for christenings ??

I'm a jeans and tshirt girl usually lol

if i'm like this now who knows what i'll be like with the wedding dress eeekkkk

• emmalouisetemmalouiset Posts: 1,291
    How about a pair of smart white trousers and one of those really nice long patterned floaty tops that are around at the moment. You could glam it up with some sparkly shoes but you would still feel just as if you were in trousers. I got a gorgeous floaty top from Top Shop the other day. It's cornflower blue and white and has a loose tie belt around the waist. it doesn't crease, is really comfy and silky and looks fab with white linen trousers. XXX Emmy
  • Yep, I'm with Emmy - there are loads of lovely 'smock' type tops around at the moment (I saw some nice ones in Dorothy Perkins the other day) which would look lovely with some nice linen trousers!

I'm sure that you don't look at all frumpy in your dress anyway - try it on again, get your hair done and wear some heels - I bet it looks fab!!

C xx
  • jessbearukjessbearuk Posts: 1,137
    or how about a floaty summery skirt? because they don't "hug" you they can actually look slimmin and summery at the same time!!! compliment it with a nice top, either a smock type, or wear with a really sparkly vest top, with a short sleeved jacket, to smarte the look up a bit
  • sammycuksammycuk Posts: 1,633
    im with emmy

my mate wore a really nice dress top with some trousers she looked stunning,