Just got a letter saying....

that we havent received payment for our registrar!!! We payed 2 months ago, in cash, and we took a half day off to make the appointment!!! I wouldnt mind, but, we only have 7 weeks to go and things are stressfull enough!!!! Anyone else had this problem?

• deecydeecy Posts: 7,493
    did you get a receipt? funnily enough ours stated cash would be better than a cheque, now we know why? ! so they can ask for it again lol
  • njayresnjayres Posts: 240
    Yep gotta receipt, you would have thought they would be a bit more organised!!! My stomach flipped when read the letter! Dont these people realise that £253.50 is a lot of money to people when having to pay for a wedding?
  • Saint-BertieSaint-Bertie Posts: 6,678
    good job you have a receipt! Ours was over £340 and I had to chase them for when they wanted it because they hadn't asked for the money!!

Travel Inns are also a nightmare. I've lost count how many times I've checked the rooms are booked, only to find out today that they have some wrong (one room was booked for a guest for the night before and not the night of the wedding!!) and MrSB also went in personally and made sure everything was correct. I'm sure they keep going in and randomly changing them round.

She even asked if I was sure the room booked for me and my Mum on Friday was still required and couldn't find a room for MrSB and I on the wedding night?!?!
  • AaronD2007AaronD2007 Posts: 1,059
    can anyone tell me when you pay for the registar? i get married next june xx
  • memaukmemauk Posts: 656
    usually about 12 weeks before. we are getting married april 08 and have to go and see them and pay in feb
  • Joanna72ukJoanna72uk Posts: 380
    grrrr that is soo annoying!! nearly as annoying as our venue burning down and having to find another lot of deposits while waiting for the original venue to return our deposits!!! AND we had our banns done, then they had to be re done and now they are wrong again as the new venue has changed it name!!! its only £60 a time!!!!!!! arrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhh
  • jessbearukjessbearuk Posts: 1,137
    good job you got the reciept!! take it to show them, and if they still don't like it, can you get a bank statement showing that you took the money out? with that and their reciept they can't really dispute it!!