I feel naked!

Have just taken my engagement ring to be cleaned and it feels so odd to be without it! Not sure how I am going to manage for the next few weeks (they send it away to their workshop). Am now going to spend the next two weeks panicking every few minutes, thinking that I have lost it!

• njayresnjayres Posts: 240
    I know how you feel. My original ring broke would you believe it!!!! Had to order a completely new design altogether!! Was without my ring (new one stunning) for 10 days too, but wore one my mum handed down to me when I was 18.
  • MrsJooMrsJoo Posts: 2,196
    I sort of do too... I've lost so much weight now my ring is close to slipping off so only particularly 'cold' days it has to sit on my middle finger until I go to the jeweler and get it re-sized!!!

Not that I'm complaining 'cos I love that I've lost the weight!

XXX
  • Saint-BertieSaint-Bertie Posts: 6,678
    I hated it when they had to take my ring for a couple of days to make my wedding ring.

Sooo relieved to get it back
  • serinec123serinec123 Posts: 537
    Mine got stolen in January when our house got burgled. (boo hoo)

I didn't want it replacing because it wouldnt feel the same.... So I'm having a full diamond eternity ring instead for my wedding ring.

xxx
  • HarrietPenguinHarrietPenguin Posts: 5,848
    our rings are all in for polishing too ready to be shinified for our anniversary - have been without them for 5 days and I feel lost and very odd.... I can get them back on Thursday though and I am so excited!

It's really worth it though - you don't realise how unshiny they become until you get them back and go "WOWEEEEE"

• TheHistoryGirl1TheHistoryGirl1 Posts: 1,656
    Serinec, that's awful! I'm so sorry!

I have never taken mine off since it was properly sized for me last year and won't take it off again after the wedding. I cannot wait to get it back and it has only been off for about two hours!!
  • macabeymacabey Posts: 2,884
    I am naked
  • macabeymacabey Posts: 2,884
    Not really! imageops: I haven't got my ring yet, and now I really want it! Most days it doesn't bother me, then others I look at my hand and think that I've waited a long time for this, hurry up and get me my ring!!! image
  • melanierice1melanierice1 Posts: 1,966
    I stopped wearing my ring two months ago because I got my wedding ring made and my engagement ring polished and wanted to keep them both in exactly the same condition as each other. I felt naked at first but shockingly am completely used to it now. Still can't wait to be wearing both rings in just over three weeks.

xx
  • TheHistoryGirl1TheHistoryGirl1 Posts: 1,656
    I have just tried putting the ring my dad gave me on my left hand but that feels even stranger. I've worn it on the ring finger of my right hand since he gave it to me for my 21st birthday. Oh, dear. Will just have to get used to it, I suppose. The man in the shop was very nice and said they will ring me as soon as the ring comes back. I certainly won't have your self-control, mrstobe!

Spunkychic, your first post made me howl with laughter! Thanks for that image
  • jessicadlastjessicadlast Posts: 431
    just try and think how sparkly it will be when you get it back--its hard- i didnt have mine for 3 weeks when my wedding ring was made--but it will be back soon!!
  • jessbearukjessbearuk Posts: 1,137
    i hate it when i take mine off!!! it feels all wrong and then suddenly i'll notice it's not there, think that i've lost it then remember i took it off again!! phew!