Forum home General chat

Help! Hen do weekend venue for 25 People

Hi All

I am not a bride but am helping plan a hen do for one of my close friends. 

We would like to hold a weekend away somewhere in the South East/South of England and need to have accommodation for 25 people!! Am finding it impossible to find suitable places for our budget (~£150 per head).

We'd like to host a mixture of active and relaxing pampering based activities e.g. some outdoor things such as clay pigeon shooting, but in the evenings get a beautician in etc. We're seemingly doing OK organising the activities but am really struggling to find a suitable location.

Any ideas appreciated!!

• SammykateSammykate Posts: 4,014 New bride

Have you looked into renting a large holiday cottage? For a big group that usually works out cheaper per head than a hotel. Can't help with the South East but there's some nice places in the South West for a Hen Do such as Bath.

• MrsTwizbeMrsTwizbe Posts: 3,355 New bride

Hi, I went on a hen a few weeks ago that was in a house with a hot tub. Nearby is an outdoor activities centre. I don't know if they do clay pigeon shooting but we did water zorbing and leap of faith.

http://www.stays-to-remember.com/thames-house/

I was a lovely house and I don't think very expensive. I am not sure how many of us stayed there, but we must have been close to 20 and there were a few people on air beds.

• Hi, this may not be what you were thinking of at all but have you considered doing a package with a hen do party organiser?

I only mention this, because I had my hen do in Nottingham, I had 15 people in a 4 star spa hotel, clay pigeon shooting & 2 course meal out in Nottingham with a package price of £115pp.

You can add as many activities as you want & comes out quite cost effective, you can add beauty evenings into the packages too i.e. therapist comes to the hotel to pamper your group.

The organiser I used was UKGirlThing but there are others & venues up & down the country.

• Have you tried looking on air bnb as they might have some where? 

• I organised my sister's hen weekend with the help of Orchid City & Spa, they organise hen do packages including clay pigeon shooting (http://orchidcityandspa.co.uk/activities/clay-pigeon-shooting/) and can tailor a package of activities to suit the group.  

They organise the accommodation in a hotel (rather than cottages / houses), so can therefore help with big groups.  

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455

Air bnb could be a good idea