This dress or this one?

You might already know from my posts that our wedding is a very simple and intimate one. That is, registry office and a champagne lunch with 16 of our nearest and dearest. So I want a dress to match the occasion.

I bought the first dress in the sale and really like it but I've started looking again and have ordered the second one to try on at home.  Which do you like best and why? imageimage

• NikkiMNikkiM Posts: 1,613 New bride

The first one. It has more of a weddingy look to it. Plus I prefer the straight hem on it.

• MashMash Posts: 73

I love the second.... the first is beautiful in its simplicity, and the lace top looks quite fine, I just prefer the beading and hemlines on the second, feels more 'special' - you won't know until you try it on and see how it feels. 

Also Its a a hint of gatsby / bloomsbury too which fits with champagne reception :)

• Mrs B2b3Mrs B2b3 Posts: 257
    NikkiM wrote (see post):

The first one. It has more of a weddingy look to it. Plus I prefer the straight hem on it.

Thank you NikkiM

Mash wrote (see post):

I love the second.... the first is beautiful in its simplicity, and the lace top looks quite fine, I just prefer the beading and hemlines on the second, feels more 'special' - you won't know until you try it on and see how it feels. 

Also Its a a hint of gatsby / bloomsbury too which fits with champagne reception :)

Thank you Mash

• I prefer the second. It feels more (like Mrs B2b3 said) special! There is a little more to it. Even though you are having a small wedding, this is still your wedding and having something with a bit more something I think is nice. 

I think the first one is nice but it doesn't have the same effect I don't think. 

• I prefer the first. Personally I'm not a fan of the scalloped hem. But both are lovely.

Let us know which one you choose!

• Emily54Emily54 Posts: 266

I like the second, I prefer the hem line. As some others have said I think it makes it look more special.

both are beautiful though, which one are you swaying towards? 

Let us know what you decide xx

• Emma236Emma236 Posts: 215

I prefer the first one.  It's more timeless and elegant in my opinion.  I love the fine lace overlay and that it is sheer across the chest. Xx

• Jenni8Jenni8 Posts: 3,202

They're both lovely - I think what would really help is seeing a pic of you in each of them!

From those pics I prefer the 2nd. I prefer the lace details and scalloped hem and sleeves. But however I can't really see the details on the body so it is quite difficult to tell.

• The first one definitely. It's so beautiful and elegant- perfect for your wedding.

• SammykateSammykate Posts: 3,330 New bride

I like them both- to me the first looks more 'weddingy' and the second more like a posh evening dress- so I guess it depends what look you want?

• Tanya128Tanya128 Posts: 1,993

I prefer the first one I like the simplicity of it but it still looks very bridal, but best way to judge would be pictures of you in both of them because you will make them look different from the models.

• Mrs_BadgerMrs_Badger Posts: 1,440

Loving the detail with the second!

• Mimi8Mimi8 Posts: 314

First one , love the net on top and sleeves x

Oooooh lots of votes for both dresses!

• The first one gets my vote. Looks more bridal. 

• The first one gets my vote.  I love the how classic and elegant it is. The lace on top is very pretty. Both would suit your wedding by the sounds of it though. Good luck making the decision! x

• gill17gill17 Posts: 568 New bride

First one! It looks really elegant but still like a wedding dress, i think the 2nd just looks like a nice dress. What are you planning for hair and shoes etc?

• MrsJ2017MrsJ2017 Posts: 3,017

It was tough, I liked the belt on the first, but Im voting second just because it has more detail and I do like simple dresses but when I tried them on they felt plain on me.

Theyre both really nice though and whichever you go for you cant go wrong.

• MrsNH17MrsNH17 Posts: 524 New bride

I think the first one! But both are gorgeous! I think it depends what you want - the first is gorgeous and more bridal I think, but the second is a little bit more detailed and therefore like someone else said maybe a bit more gatsby inspired so if you wanted something a bit dressy that could bit a nice option? Both lovely and sure you will look gorgeous in both but deffo need to decide with them on! Good luck! 

Hi all the verdict is in. Drum roll.........

It's the first!  I love the second but the simplicity of the first is definitely more me. Thank you for all you comments xx