Thank you cards - when to send?

How long after your wedding did you send yours?

• lubeslubes Posts: 1,555

Hi Michelle!

Hope you're enjoying married life 😊

We waited for all our photos to come through before getting any thank you cards printed. I then hand wrote each one which took me weeks 😂 but it was worth it as so many of our guests said how lovely and personal it was. People got them generally three months after our wedding basically!

x

• Hi Lubes

Married life is well thank you, although honeymoon followed by Xmas means my waistline isn't what it used to be!

We have done the same and have done an order through photobox for cards and also plan on handwriting them all as agree it's a lovely touch. However like you say this does take some time so I imagine by time they get them it will be 7-8 weeks after the wedding and wondered if that that was too long....but seems like I might be ok!

• lubeslubes Posts: 1,555
    Michelle91 wrote (see post):

Hi Lubes

Married life is well thank you, although honeymoon followed by Xmas means my waistline isn't what it used to be!

We have done the same and have done an order through photobox for cards and also plan on handwriting them all as agree it's a lovely touch. However like you say this does take some time so I imagine by time they get them it will be 7-8 weeks after the wedding and wondered if that that was too long....but seems like I might be ok!

Yes you will be fine! I did wonder if I was being too late with some of them, but it seems no-one was bothered! Better late than never 😜

Oh I hear you. I am still on honeymoon as far as my diet is concerned. I am definitely not intending to put my dress on any time soon for fear of it not zipping up anymore (and then crying forever!). x

• gill17gill17 Posts: 568 New bride

I am getting some hassle from MIL about them but we are waiting til our pics come through. I thought you had at least a couple of months! I wanted to send a picture of the couple or their kids on their thank you card (we had a v small wedding) and maybe a small one of us on the back? Does anyone know if that would be possible? Did anyone use photobox and then hand write a comment?