Weekly weigh in anybody?

I've just started in determination to lose weight in the next 12 weeks. It will help me I think to have a way of recording and declaring my weight losses or gains (!) . Is anyone interested in joining me? My weight in day is Friday and so I'm declaring my starting weight as 11 stones and hoping to lose up to a stone.

I'm not suggesting everyone records what they weigh but the amount they lose each week.

• MrsNH17MrsNH17 Posts: 528 New bride

HI there!

I will join you! I have my dress fitting tomorrow and she ordered me a smaller measurement than I am actually am and since then I haven't lost any weight, so I am terrified it won't fit (as surely it won't)! I did slimming world starting in November 2014 and got to my target Novembet 2015 losing 2 stone 3lbs. Over the course of the next 6 months I went up and down withing the allowed 3lb fluctuation but then tipped over that and had put on about 6lbs over target over the course of 2016 to now. I rejoined slimming world two weeks ago and lost 1lb at first weigh in and 1lb at second. I'm still 4lbs over my original target weight at present but as part of rejoining and for motivation I dropped that target weight by another 7lbs so I currently have 11lb to go.

I have 8 weeks until my wedding and 1 day until the dress fitting. I will update on whether it fits or not but either way I'd like to try get the 4lbs over my original target weight off before wedding, and preferably try average at least 1lb per week off between now and then if I can as that would be a total loss of 10lbs since I rejoined SW 2 weeks ago which would make a big difference. 

My work is terrible hours wise (yesterday I was on a train to London at 7am arriving at 9am to have fun with tube strikes and go to a meeting, travelled back late afternoon (working on train both legs), then did work from the office and then dashed for a venue meeting then finished work 9pm ish) as I'm really busy (I'm a solicitor) so I find getting to the gym / time for exercise particularly tricky which doesn't help.

Also I weigh in on a Saturday morning! 

• I will join in, my weigh day is Monday and I am doing weight watchers online as it's on offer, only have 13lbs before June wedding. I ordered my dress late and it's not due in till May so have 4 months which is achievable.

I also struggle to find time to exercise so have committed to walking the dog for an extra 10 minutes each walk (20 minutes a day) to start with 

• Mrs AyseMrs Ayse Posts: 561

I'm weighing in with you starting at 11 stone too... let's see how far we get by Friday  x

• I will join - my usual weigh day is a Thursday evening with slimming world so Friday works perfectly.  Starting at 10st 7lb - aim would be to get to 9st 7lb by the summer (eek!).  Since my weigh in last week I've been trying to be really healthy, and managed a short stint on the treadmill last night but really need to up my exercise! 

Is anyone focusing on any sort of tone up as well? I'd really like to work on my arms and my back (I feel like bingo wings have crept up on me in the last two years!) and have started with the Kayla Itsines guide for that but I'm just kind of doing random exercises and have no pattern!! 

• I'd love to join in! I have 20 weeks to go and want to lose about a stone and a half / 2 stone. 

I don't yet know what my starting weight is as my scales seem to be at least half a stone out ;) 

I can imagine my weekly weigh in will be something like "fat" "still fat" "fat again" haha. 

• Stupid phone. 29 weeks to go not 20! 

• I'll join! I'm joining slimming world tomorrow (scary!) and I know I can't lose too much weight or my dress won't fit but I think about a stone would be good. 

• Mrs17Mrs17 Posts: 807 New bride

Me too... Currently 9st 12lbs, after losing 7lbs before Christmas, would like to lose another 12lbs to get within a healthy BMI range (I'm a shorty!)

I'm also trying to tone up JulyBride - mainly my arms/back so have been rowing and focusing on tricep dips and press ups. I hate it, but hopefully it will be worth it!

My weigh-day is a Friday.

• Ambam19Ambam19 Posts: 581 New bride

Hi everyone, i've got ages to go but would like to join in as i want to lose weight but also tone up and not have wobbly bits! 

I'd like to lose about a stone and get motivated to hit the gym again, i really enjoyed it before when i went but a couple of my friends told me i lost all my shape and that i was too skinny blah blah blah so i stopped going!

My weigh in day is Tuesdays at slimming world

• Tanya128Tanya128 Posts: 1,993

I'll join in, my weigh day is a Monday, yesterday I was 12stone 12 1/4, this time last year I was 16 st 8 3/4! I want to lose at least another 2 stones by the time I go for my first dress fitting which will be in may, wedding is in August, target weight was ideally 9st 13 but I think I'm running out of time!

1lb off this week  feeling good this morning x

• Well done Wibble!! 

I am 0.5lb off which I was a bit disappointed with as I have been really good, but hoping that the loss will catch up with me next week  

Thanks JulyBride - well done to you too!! I reckon that loss will catch up with you - lots of people lose weight slowly in the first few weeks and then it all catches up with them! I think it just takes your body a while to get used to the idea lol.

I have treated myself to a bar of chocolate this morning to celebrate. I have my cheat meal (afternoon tea - yum!) tomorrow, and then its back on it. On the downside, I have a 45minute spin session tonight, Park run tomorrow and the gym Sunday morning. No rest for the wicked!

I wish I had a scales that gave me the decimal places too.

Well done ladies! Julybride 1/2 lb is a block of butter visualise that and it will seem better! 

• Thanks Tanya - that is a very good point! I'd be saying exactly the same to other people with a 0.5lb loss so I should be more positive about it. 

Wibble - reading this has encouraged me not to sack off my work out tonight - I have spent the morning trying to think of reasons not to get out on the treadmill - including the snow.  The treadmill is in our garage so no idea how that would stop me  definitely going to go on it.  

Argos have quite a few scales on offer at the moment - mine give me the weight to the nearest 1/8th of a pound, but the bad thing is it means you can end up getting quite obsessed!! I mean, what even is 1/8th of a pound?! 

The way I view the workouts is that I do them first thing when I get home - then I reward myself with a hot shower and the ability to enjoy the rest of the evening feeling virtuous! That doesn't mean there aren't days when I. Just. Don't. Want. To. though haha.  

It's a quarter of a packet of butter!! Haha... Thank you, heading over to the Argos website now.

• Helen225Helen225 Posts: 861 New bride

Hey 

I'm not losing weight as such but doing weights at the gym so if I'm doing it right, my weight should actually go up but I'll inches! As such.. I'll track inches lost if that's ok 

I'm Ill this week tho so straight away I'm asking for a pass lol. 

JulyBride4 wrote (see post):

Thanks Tanya - that is a very good point! I'd be saying exactly the same to other people with a 0.5lb loss so I should be more positive about it. 

Wibble - reading this has encouraged me not to sack off my work out tonight - I have spent the morning trying to think of reasons not to get out on the treadmill - including the snow.  The treadmill is in our garage so no idea how that would stop me  definitely going to go on it.  

Argos have quite a few scales on offer at the moment - mine give me the weight to the nearest 1/8th of a pound, but the bad thing is it means you can end up getting quite obsessed!! I mean, what even is 1/8th of a pound?! 

2 ounces! Lol sorry couldn't resist!! 

Im feeling virtuous did my gym session this morning despite the snow, had my programme rewritten now doing, 5 mins bike warm up, stretches, 25 mins interval training on the running machine (but I walk) 3 min hard 1 easy, 20 mins on cross trainer, 10 mins recumbent bike, and today they added 4 weight machines 2 sets each. All of this 4 times a week, I earn that 15 mins in the hot tub! 

• I've lost 3lb since Monday! I think it helps that I've just put it on over Christmas so is easy to come off again... the hard work will be the last bit which hasn't been off for about 10 years 😆😳

Plenty of water is my key, drank about 2.5L yesterday and on track to do at least 2L today.

• Mrs B2b3Mrs B2b3 Posts: 255

Well I've neither gained nor lost but I'm back on slimming world with new motivation!

• Ambam19Ambam19 Posts: 581 New bride
    Tanya128 wrote (see post):

I'll join in, my weigh day is a Monday, yesterday I was 12stone 12 1/4, this time last year I was 16 st 8 3/4! I want to lose at least another 2 stones by the time I go for my first dress fitting which will be in may, wedding is in August, target weight was ideally 9st 13 but I think I'm running out of time!

tanya, you have 27lbs to lose in around 28 weeks, easily doable at 1lb per week ☺️

Well done wibble, julybride and Rachael with your losses & MrsB with your maintain! I'm weighing in on the morning so will update after that! Not at all sure how I've done but hoping for 1lb! Tanya v well done on the exercise!

Hi everyone! 1lb off for me today - it wavered between 1 and 1.5 but settled on 1 dammit ha ha! Am pleased with that and at the moment I'd be happy to keep up 1lb per week til wedding if I can - 7 weeks today!!

Ambam19 wrote (see post):

tanya, you have 27lbs to lose in around 28 weeks, easily doable at 1lb per week ☺️

No, to get to actual target weight I have 41lb to loose, realistically 2 stone is doable. I'm just going to keep dieting and going to the gym and see where it gets me, hopefully at least 2 stone less but whatever happens I look loads better than I did this time last year!

MrsNH17 wrote (see post):

Hi everyone! 1lb off for me today - it wavered between 1 and 1.5 but settled on 1 dammit ha ha! Am pleased with that and at the moment I'd be happy to keep up 1lb per week til wedding if I can - 7 weeks today!!

Well done, 1lb is good, but remember that 7lb will probably be quite a big percentage of your over all body weight so make sure it won't change how your dress fits Or you'll end up having to have more alterations!

Well done Rachael and MrsNH on your losses, and MrsB2b  maintaining! A successful week ladies! X

MrsNH17 wrote (see post):

Well done, 1lb is good, but remember that 7lb will probably be quite a big percentage of your over all body weight so make sure it won't change how your dress fits Or you'll end up having to have more alterations!

Hi Tanya 

I think realistically and at best I'll lose another 2-3lbs before the wedding as it won't continue at 1lb per week - getting to original target I really struggled with those last few pounds which is why I've ended up going up and down. 3lbs would take me back to old target weight and should make very little difference to the dress other than it not quite feeling so bone crushingly tight lol but should help with a bit less tummy i hope (and as my dress has a big skirt that would be fine). I've got my BMs wedding coming up and a few other weeks things where I'm expecting I'll be doing well for a maintain those weeks. As long as i don't go up from now I'll be ok, but I'd like the couple of pounds off if I can to make the dress a little more comfortable to eat in!!!

Weigh day for me, I lost 1 1/2lbs, so now I'm back to what I was before Christmas!

• Morning ladies!! Hope you don't mind me joining in as i would ideally love to lose 3stone so i can find my perfect wedding dress. First week in and i have lost 3lbs. Started off at 12stone 6lb, now 12stone 3lb so its a start! 😀 weddings not untill next year so plenty of time to get to ideally 9stone. Fingers crossed! Really hoping to lose another 3lbs this week.