Worried about the walk down the aisle.

So with 2 days to go I'm starting to get anxious. One thing is my walk down the aisle in the small registry office room. I'm walking in to Marry Me by Train. I'll be alone at that point and I've worked out that I'll wait outside until the first chorus then walk in. I'd like to pace the walk so I'm not going too fast as it's a short distance and I really want to make the most of eye contact with h2b while I walk towards him.

Any tips on walking slowly??

• CE26CE26 Posts: 349 New bride

Remember not to look at your feet - shoulders back and look at your H2B (it makes a big difference in photos).

As for pacing the best thing to do is just be as in the moment as you can be. Take conscious steps and try not to make them big ones. You could try the 'step together step' pace as this makes the walk take a little longer as there is a slight pause between each step. 

You could also come into view in the door way as the chorus starts and then pause for the first line before starting your walk. This will give you a moment to take in the room and maybe make eye contact with your H2b if he's chosen to look round. 

Either way dont worry about it too much. No matter how long your aisle is the walk will go so quickly anyway so just enjoy the moment however long it lasts! 

Hope you have a fab weding day. 

• NikkiMNikkiM Posts: 1,653 New bride

I second the don't worry about it comment. You kind of find the right speed as you start walking and it will look more natural if you're not counting steps, concentrating on the pace etc. As CE26 says, don't look down, shoulders back and just go for for it. 

I remember having a little practice session half an hour before walking down the aisle with my dad. When we did the walk for real, he was walking too slowly for me so I had to whisper at him to walk a bit quicker. I'd like to say I focused on my husband as he stood at the end of the aisle waiting for me but the registrar told him to look forward once I started walking and I just focused on looking at my family and friends that were smiling at me at the front. The minute I saw the smiling faces, I started smiling and I just kind of fell into a nice pace. No idea if it matched the music or not but it felt right to me.

I hope you have the most amazing day. 😊

• Katherine66Katherine66 Posts: 1,234

Im walking a slow march pace which requires a swing back with your foot before placing down forwards.  You will find nerves will make you go quicker. 

But yes dont get hung up on getting things perfectly timed just enjoy the moment.  

Im worried about tripping up, i dont see very well and even with glasses find i trip up regularly. While shopping the other day i bumped into a bright yellow cleaning sign!