What day of the week is your wedding on?

MrsMGMrsMG Posts: 360 New bride

Mine is a Thursday and last year, my mum's was on a Wednesday. Anyone else having a week day wedding or are you having it at the weekend?

We're getting married on an anniversary for us so we were more interested in sticking to that date rather than pushing forward or back to a weekend and it's been a bit difficult for some people to make it due to it being on a weekday but touch wood, most people who are invited have had no issues with the date and booked their time off work in advance.

• Saturday as its a bit of a travel for some people we compromised and picked October rather than a weekday in summer.

• Mrs CrawleyMrs Crawley Posts: 211

our wedding is on a Saturday although we did consider getting married on a Friday. We settled for a weekend as our wedding venue package wasnt any cheaper on a weekday. Roll on the Saturday 22nd September 2018 👰🏽 🤵🏽🎉

• MrsMannMrsMann Posts: 757 New bride

We are having a Thursday in October half term, the Thursday worked out much cheaper and some family/ guests are teachers so it's worked out well. We sent out save the dates just over a year in advance so everyone knew early 😊

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455

Saturday. 

• LittlespiceLittlespice Posts: 665

Saturday!

• MrsJ2017MrsJ2017 Posts: 3,017

Sunday. We had to have a weekend because h2b works weekdays, and theres so many teachers in the family. A saturday would have been better but they were all booked up for christmas parties.

The sunday is fine for h2b though because his christmas holidays start that monday so hell have 2 weeks off after the wedding.

• Saturday - i would have chosen midweek and saved money but some guests/a bridesmaid are teachers so weekend was best all round :) also i wanted an xmas wedding so only December would do!

• Cake18Cake18 Posts: 93

Friday

We wanted a weekend but we had to have it on the 27th, we wanted a spring wedding & this was the only possibility for our venue.

• MrsNolanMrsNolan Posts: 683 New bride

Saturday, any other day didn't even cross my mind 

• Suzie1974Suzie1974 Posts: 126

Saturday 30th September 2017.😊

• emma531emma531 Posts: 216

We saved 15 grand by having ours on a Tuesday instead of a Saturday. 

I once read someone on here saying that having a wedding on a weekday is selfish (!!!???) Id say its all relative. For every saturday wedding ive been to, I had to take time off work. The majority of my family and friends also work Saturday. If any day was "selfish" for us it would have been a Saturday! 😀

• Dora3Dora3 Posts: 1,218

I'm also getting married on a Tuesday. We wouldn't of been able to afford our venue if we didn't. As we are also getting married 6-7hlurs away from where we live our guests are taking time off work for a holiday anyway  

H2Bs sister is a teacher but knew the date before starting her job so was aithorised time off. 

• Saturday:)

• lubeslubes Posts: 1,555

We wanted a Friday or Saturday originally, but we actually ended up getting married on a Sunday. It was the only date that worked for us at our venue in 2016 and we didn't really fancy waiting another year! I'm a teacher as were a lot of our guests so a Sunday in the summer holidays wasn't an issue. I worried that our evening reception would bomb with people leaving early for work, but the vast majority of our guests took a long weekend - phew! Some of our guests thought it was a bank holiday the day after our wedding and didn't realise until the week of that it was only a bank holiday in Scotland. Doh!

I'm glad we got married when we did as we have six (yes, SIX ) weddings this summer. Interestingly, all but two of these are in the week: a Monday, a Tuesday and two Thursdays off the top of my head! Again, three of these are teacher friends so every day is a Saturday for us!! I'm totally understanding of it, especially when it can literally save you thousands - it's almost like mid-week weddings, especially in the peak season, are becoming more of a norm! x

• SammykateSammykate Posts: 3,809 New bride

Sunday- it saved us 1k at the venue! Most of our guests are travelling so if we had it on a Saturday they'd have to take the Friday off anyway. So this way it's just the Monday they will take off instead.

• Jenni8Jenni8 Posts: 3,201

Saturday - something like 63 of our 70 guests live over 2 hours away from the venue and most mch further then this so most have to take the Friday off anyway, and we were conscious that we didn't want to ask people to take more then 1 day off.

• Mrs NeekMrs Neek Posts: 445 New bride

Saturday in the summer 

• We're getting married on Saturday of October half term - I'm a teacher too, so it had to be during one of the holidays, H2B doesn't do heat well, so that ruled out the summer (just in case) and as we got engaged in October, got together in October and it's my birthday in October, it was a logical decision to get married in October too!

Could have done a weekday because of half term, but I just assumed Saturday in my head when planning and didn't question it!

• sugarmousesugarmouse Posts: 189

Friday. We considered a Saturday but our wedding would have had to take place before 12.30. We didn't want to do a wedding breakfast and then an evening do, but equally didn't want a meal at lunch and then nothing in the evening. We booked the latest time possible on Friday at 3pm but would have liked later if the option was there.

• A Thursday! Saved us thousands of pounds and allowed us to book our dream venue, we are having it in August as lots of teachers and children in the family so they will all be on summer holidays :)

• Bims09Bims09 Posts: 240 New bride

Friday - I would've preferred a Saturday but this was one of the only days our venue had free in summer 2017. It's ended up saving us quite a bit of money and most people still seem to be able to make the day, so it's worked out quite well!

• SarahNov17SarahNov17 Posts: 160

A friday in November. Was cheaper being a weekday and having it in November is considered low season so a lot of suppliers have been cheaper. Money wasn't actually the main driver (although a positive consequenc!) - we wanted to be near fireworks night and the Friday was available at our dream venue. 

Ive been to a fair few mid week weddings - one last year I went to one on a Monday that was 3 hours away so had to take 2 days off....I therefore didn't feel much guilt about booking a Friday :-) 

• gill17gill17 Posts: 568 New bride

The Thursday before October half term. It saved about 2k at venue alone! I'm a teacher, but got 3 days paid leave for my wedding, so we used half term for a few days with the families and then a minimoon. My nieces and nephews had to be taken out of school, but they had about 18 months notice and we couldn't afford to do it during college holidays so that was it! 

• Mrs AyseMrs Ayse Posts: 561

Ours is bank holiday Sunday! Made sense for us as most family work on a Saturday and we wanted a day off the next day x