Help Wedding Photographer AWOL

Emma85Emma85 Posts: 105

Hi,

I got marriedat the end of July last year, it was a wonderful day.

My problem now is I paid my photographer for an album, it took a lot longer to receive digital copies of my photos than we were first told. We now have these and the photos are great apart from being told they would be photoshopped to remove certain things  (this has not happened). I am not too worried about the photoshopping though.

Whilst waiting for the digital copies the photographer was very apologetic and always in touch with me. However she has now stopped responding to emails and telephone messages, when contacted about the album. To be honest I would have walked away and had my own album made, but I have already paid for this service so don't want to just walk away.

Any advice on next steps?

Sorry for the long post.

• CE26CE26 Posts: 349 New bride

If you've tried all avenues to get in touch then I think you might need to look at court action. 10 months is a long time to not provide a service, and even if there were some personal issues involved that would prevent her from sorting out the album, she should at least make you aware. 

You could send a letter before action via the post (get proof of postage) to say that if she doesnt respond to your request to provide the album or a proportionate refund within so many days, then you'll be taking it further. 

Theres some good advice here - http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/small-claims-court

• Emma85Emma85 Posts: 105

Thank you, a letter is a good idea.

She was great on the run up to the wedding on the wedding day itself, but after the wedding her response has become less and less. So frustrating as it has put a cloud over what was a lovely day.

• bella2015bella2015 Posts: 1,903 New bride

Which photographer did you use? Name and shame! I ask because there was a huge thread on here of lots of brides who had issues with a certain photographer. 

Must be so frustrating for you as she's had plenty of time to sort your album. Does she have a faceboook page, have you tried leaving a public message on there?

But I agree with CE26 that a letter is probably the next step.

• Laura GraceLaura Grace Posts: 334 New bride

Hi Emma, have you had any joy with this?  Just a thought - have you tried publicly messaging her on Facebook? nothing nasty, just a quick "hi, have you received my messages, been trying to get hold of you..." A lot of people / companies get a lot more efficient when they know other people are watching.

Hope this sorts itself out soon, sorry you've had this trouble, really not what you need xx