Cancel Wedding Dress Deposit

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone could give me some advice for this.

Last month I went wedding dress with my sister, the sales girl was trying very hard to pursued me place the order or put down the deposit. They even offer me 50% discount for alterations and it's only available for that day. I was under a lot of pressure so I paid $200 holding deposit and also sign a contract. 

After I got home I realized that I have made the biggest mistake ever in my life. The dress is not as nice as what i have in my mind and I wanted to cancel it. So I read the contract it says 

"If you cancel your holding deposit, a 20% administration fee of the total purchase price will apply."

The total of the dress is $3500. I'm really hoping i don't have to pay extra 20% administration fee. I wouldn't mind if they can't refund me the $200 holding deposit. 

Please have anyone could give me advice on how to deal with this issue?

Thank you very much.

• bella2015bella2015 Posts: 1,903 New bride

If thats what it says in your contract then that's what you'll have to pay I'm afraid. There's probably no way out of it. 

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455

Talk to the shop, nobody on here can do much to help you unfortunately.

• gill17gill17 Posts: 568 New bride

By saying dollars, are you in the UK? It depends on contract, are you entitled to a cooling off period? Was the contract witnessed and counter signed? 

If you refuse to pay, do they have card details to get the outstanding amount? Are you willing to let it go to a debt collection agency, and or small claims court? 

Speak to them and see what your options are, be clear on what the consequences are if you don't pay.