Wedding band rubbing against engagement ring!

Hello! Looking for a bit of advice if anyone knows about this.

I've been married 8 months and I always wear my white gold wedding band & engagement ring together. I'm pretty careful with them - take them off when I shower/do cleaning/wash my hands etc but I've noticed some wear on my engagement ring that I think is being caused by the stones in my wedding band. I'm quite upset about it as I've not had them long and already had them re-rhodium plated once as they were going yellow with wear. The jeweller said that the yellowing was normal but I was shocked that it happened so quickly :( I've added some photos so hopefully you can see what I mean - it's were the prongs meet the band.

Has anyone else seen wear on their rings? What can I do about it, other than not wearing my engagement ring everyday? 

• Midd2SturtonMidd2Sturton Posts: 320

I can't really tell on the photo to be honest. Rubbing and wear normally happens if the two rings are of different carats, I don't know if that's the case for you? 

• doodles17doodles17 Posts: 4

No, they're both 9k white gold

• Tanya128Tanya128 Posts: 1,993

White gold does pit and scratch easily and you will have to replate every now and again. Looking at your ring I don't think there is anything you can do to stop the two rubbing together. I got a shaped wedding ring because of the jutting out of my engagement ring. But I also love an old battered wedding ring it speaks volumes about going through thick and thin, I'd have had an old ring second hand had I been able to make sure it wasn't second hand due to a divorce, may sound a bit silly and sentimental, I know!