Passports

Has anyone sent off for their new passport before their wedding?

I've got the form and our registrar has completed her half but I don't know if I sign my half in my maiden name or married name? I'm guessing he declaration needs to be in married name as this is the one that'll be on file?

Thanks

• MrsM2b4MrsM2b4 Posts: 45

I've not long had my new passport back ready for honeymoon the day after the wedding- took me ages to find the advice online (and on an old forum chat on here).... but it worked fine and I had my new passport within a week!

So the form that the registrar/ vicar signs is completed in your maiden name (i.e. MIss xxx xxx). The dearation box on the form you print out is what will be your married signature (I practised a bit first as wanted to "design" a new one!). 

Hope thats helps!

ps - if for any reason photos have to be countersigned then there is an additional wording for that that is on government passport website- I didn't have to get photos countersigbed luckily. It will tell you if you do on the declaration form.

• Rachael116Rachael116 Posts: 150

Perfect MrsM2b4. Thank you!

• Kelly241Kelly241 Posts: 392 New bride

I will be going on honeymoon one week after we marry and was told I can still use my current (maiden name) passport....is that correct? Or do I have to change it to what my married name will become?

• Helen225Helen225 Posts: 861 New bride

Yeah you can. Basically the name the holiday is booked in and the passport have to match whether thats maiden or married name x