Dress issues

MyrtleMyrtle Posts: 107

hey everyone

Im a bit confused on what to do! I went to the bridal salon I bought my dress from today to try on some veils and tried my dress on again. Once the dress was on my automatic thought was "ooo, that fits better than last time, I must have put on weight without knowing!" lucky the dress is still a little big in areas but couldn't get over the feeling that something wasn't quite right, all my clothes still fit fine but the dress didn't need taking in at the waist today. 

when taking the dress off I had a peek and it said it was a size 10, I was sure I paid for the 12 sample but wanted to check my reciept first. Well my reciept is defiantly for a size 12. So now what do I do? The dress is exactly the same just a size smaller which will mean less altering but at the same time I'm a little peeved that it's not the 12 I paid for. Gahhh! Heck did I even imagine the 10 on the label. I'm so confused and don't know what to do!

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455

Talking to the shop seems like an obvious solution here. Did you say anything?

• MrsRendall2BMrsRendall2B Posts: 607 New bride

If the dress in a size 10 is still big in areas then why would you need a 12? I understand your annoyance that it's not what you thought you bought but to paraphrase... if the dress fits, wear it! :)

• MyrtleMyrtle Posts: 107
    Hails wrote (see post):

Talking to the shop seems like an obvious solution here. Did you say anything?

I've not said anything yet as I was unsure if it was definatly a 12 I paid for and wanted to double check when I got home. 

MrsRendall2B wrote (see post):

If the dress in a size 10 is still big in areas then why would you need a 12? I understand your annoyance that it's not what you thought you bought but to paraphrase... if the dress fits, wear it! :)

very true, I'm trying to tell myself that but at the same time I'm thinking "what if I put on weight" ect 🙈

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455

It's not 5pm yet, call them.

• MrsRendall2BMrsRendall2B Posts: 607 New bride
    Myrtle wrote (see post):
    MrsRendall2B wrote (see post):

very true, I'm trying to tell myself that but at the same time I'm thinking "what if I put on weight" ect 🙈

How long have you got to go? I'm sure you'll be fine 😊 And just think... less to spend on alterations! 

I called them. They assured me that it's still the same dress :s said I can go back anytime to try it on again. Think I've come to the conclusion that I was bloated badly (stress does that to me and I had the joyous SIL and MIL with me) my measurements are still the same as when I bought the dress in Feb so I'll tell them not to take in the waist just in case of bloating on the day 🤦‍♀️ I've got until Oct when I have fittings to figure it out