Attending a wedding do tomorrow makes me more nervous

So with 3 months roughly to go to my day i cannot explain how nervous i am.

It literally is due to the fact of everyone being there

I am going to an evening do tomorrow and i think it is making me feel worse as the lady has been planning it at the same time as mine. Now hers is here its all so more realistic :-(

What things make you nervous or am i being silly?

x

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455

Hi Lauren if anything take this as a chance to do some 'research' - see what works, what doesn't, and use it to make your day the best it can be. I am going to a friend's wedding soon and know that she's having a cheese wedding tower too. So I will be watching with interest to see how it's done. 

• lauren318lauren318 Posts: 482

Thanks @Hails when is your wedding again?

This may sound stupid but i don't want everyone looking at me as i walk into the church haha x

• MrsLMTMrsLMT Posts: 3,830

I went to a wedding in February. It was really helpful to see what things worked and didn't work. 

FutureMrsThomas wrote (see post):

I went to a wedding in February. It was really helpful to see what things worked and didn't work. 

Thank you :-)

This year is flying by!x

• Becca87Becca87 Posts: 142

I get the nervousness! It's about 9 weeks until mine and I'm really worried that I'll just be blubbering when I walk down the aisle! Every time I hear my music I just cry. They are happy tears but I would still rather not be a wreck when I'm walking in.

just enjoy this wedding, like previous posters say, just enjoy the day and make some mental notes about good ideas and things. To be honest, when it comes to your day you'll be absolutely fine! Just think of all the positive, lovely reasons why you are getting married and remember that the people you're inviting love you and want to make the day a great one! 

• Laura349Laura349 Posts: 987 New bride

I can't believe how fast this year is going! In 5 months it will be my year countdown to our wedding! 

I went to my sisters reception do last weekend, and I was doing a little 'research' while I was there! Just seeing what worked and what didn't lol. 

For what it's worth I have never been to a wedding where the bride 'was blubbering' down the aisle. I think it's highly unlikely!

fingers crossed ladies i am not a mess lol

i know what you mean about the music as soon as i listen it makes me upset

don't want no streaks in my foundation haha x

• MrsLMTMrsLMT Posts: 3,830
    lauren318 wrote (see post):
    FutureMrsThomas wrote (see post):

Thank you :-)

This year is flying by!x

I can't believe how fast this year is going! Panic started to settle in last night with h2b last night when he saw the 6 page wedding to do list against his 2 page house renovation list! 

This may sound stupid but i don't want everyone looking at me as i walk into the church haha x

My wedding is exactly 3 months away, 23 Sept!

Hails wrote (see post):

OMG how exciting and nerve wracking!!

How many times have you tried your dress on out of interest? x

• Kelly241Kelly241 Posts: 392 New bride

I think the ladies here are right, it'll be a time for research :)

We have a wedding in July and I'll be doing that, and hoping they won't have anything same / similar to what we're having lol

But, will be good to see what they have that I hadn't thought of :)

You'll be fine, just take pics in case you get drunk and forget lol x

Hails wrote (see post):

OMG how exciting and nerve wracking!!

How many times have you tried your dress on out of interest? x

I haven't tried it on at all yet, I got a call this week saying it's been delivered but I can't get there until 15 July For first fitting.

• Kate-10Kate-10 Posts: 52

We've been to 4 weddings this year- as everyone's saying awesome opportunity for research!! but I think when you get there you won't be as nervous as you are now and will just see it as a good night out (wedding parties are epic!)