Hi Everyone, Wedding Signage

Hello everyone

I hope you are well.  I wondered if you might be so kind as to give me some feedback?  I would SO appreciate it.  

I'm an artist and have recently been making some wedding boards for - firstly friends, then friends of friends.  I've painted them up to their specifications, flowers, words etc and they have gone down really well.  I lend out the boards for the long weekend and charge about £80 to paint them up individually.

I'm wondering if this is something that I might do more long term?  I've called them 'Boho Boards'  

What do you think?

THANK YOU THANK YOU!! imageimageimage

• Hi Samantha! I am a Wedding Planner and if there is one thing that I can say is if you like what you are doing: DO IT! Ahah!

I like it, I think you should propose hiring them as well for a cheaper price!

Where are you in the UK? I am in Scotland :)

• Tanya128Tanya128 Posts: 1,993

I like them, but im going to be critical here and I personally think that your lettering could do with a bit of work, having said that I love the pink flowers!

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455

For £80 I would expect the writing to be of a higher standard in all honesty.

• Thank you everyone.  You are all spot on, I've just enrolled on a typographic course to up my game on the writing!  Thank you so much and it's really great for me to get some feedback x 

Happy Weekending all...

SAm x 

• GabrielleWeddingPlanner wrote (see post):

Hi Samantha! I am a Wedding Planner and if there is one thing that I can say is if you like what you are doing: DO IT! Ahah!

Hi Gabrielle.

Would you mind my asking how much you think they would be hiring wise?  I was doing £80 per board to paint up each one... that includes the hiring but am open to all thoughts...

Thanks so much, Sam x   Ps, am in Suffolk but all boards are sendable x

• britbirdbritbird Posts: 1,471 New bride

I think they are lovely, but the writing isn't great, which I think you know anyway. I would expect to get to keep my board for £80 but you seem to be implying that is just the rental? Unless that is a set I think it is pretty high when you look at things like LOVE letter rental costs....

• SamanthaBarnes wrote (see post):
    GabrielleWeddingPlanner wrote (see post):

Hi Samantha! I am a Wedding Planner and if there is one thing that I can say is if you like what you are doing: DO IT! Ahah!

Hi Gabrielle.

Would you mind my asking how much you think they would be hiring wise?  I was doing £80 per board to paint up each one... that includes the hiring but am open to all thoughts...

Thanks so much, Sam x   Ps, am in Suffolk but all boards are sendable x

I though you would sell them for £80, I don't think people would actually spend £80 to hire a board, to hire it I think something between £30 and £50 would be more interesting, but you are the one who knows how much your material are costing, look at Etsy, eBay etc... to know how much others people charge to hire this board!

• MrsNolanMrsNolan Posts: 684 New bride

I'm going to be critical here and say, while they are lovely, in the scheme of weddings you are charging a very high price for something that is tertiary decor. Its the sort of thing that most brides would diy for their wedding by getting some paint and grabbing a pallet or 2 from a building merchant or yard. 

If you want to make a go of it as a business you definitely need to improve your product and reduce your price. Good luck with whatever you choose x

• Mrs_BadgerMrs_Badger Posts: 1,440

I think they are a bit pricey to be honest.... If people see a high price they would probably try and have a go themselves or ask someone else to.