No best man

hi everyone need some advice on best man issues. I'm a groom and struggled to find anything like this online for grooms so had to join this one for brides lol. Just really don't have anyone to chose for a best man and my fiancé keeps going on About it. Really stressing me out all this as I'm just worrying about looking like a loner with no close mates. I do have mates just not any close ones. I only really speak to them if I go for a beer which is rare and that's it. Any advice would be appreciated thanks

• Becca87Becca87 Posts: 142

You don't have to have a best man if you don't want one. Why does she particularly want you to have one? We aren't having a best man at our wedding but more because my partner didn't want to choose between his close friends. It doesn't really make a difference for us to our wedding. We did pick a friend to be the ring bearer as if you are exchanging rings you ideally need one so perhaps for you, like us, that could work as a compromise? He would probably do a speech too if we asked him but we don't want speeches so this works best. 

You need to be very clear with your partner about what you do and don't want. It's your wedding too, don't be pushed into making decisions you don't want to make! 

• Laura349Laura349 Posts: 987 New bride
    the other half wrote (see post):

hi everyone need some advice on best man issues. I'm a groom and struggled to find anything like this online for grooms so had to join this one for brides lol. Just really don't have anyone to chose for a best man and my fiancé keeps going on About it. Really stressing me out all this as I'm just worrying about looking like a loner with no close mates. I do have mates just not any close ones. I only really speak to them if I go for a beer which is rare and that's it. Any advice would be appreciated thanks

My h2b is the same, he doesn't really have any close friends as they only contact him when they need someone to drink with, and my h2b has said that he doesn't want people like that the use him at his wedding. 

Do you have any children? I mentioned to my h2b about having our son as his best 'little' man, and he loved the idea! 

If not, could you ask your dad (explain things to him) and ask him to be your best man as well as father of the groom. 

Hope this helps (and welcome!) x

• Yeah I have 2 sons. Oldest is 5. Was gonna ask my dad anyway but he said he didn't want to do it so left that idea alone

• We regret our best man choice. Don't have someone there who doesn't really mean anything to you. How about any men in your family? Dad, brother, brother in law, nephew? Little best men look so sweet. 

these photos will last forever and with ours I wish I could delete 2 people which isnt nice xx

• LisaDToBeLisaDToBe Posts: 104 New bride

How about a best 'person'? Would your mum or other female relative be willing to stand by you?

• RubyCatRubyCat Posts: 270 New bride

A female friend or a sister?

Cousin?

Does your fiance have a brother?

Ask your fiance to elope to Las Vegas? lol!

• Ambam19Ambam19 Posts: 578 New bride

I'd go with your 5 year old 😊

• gill17gill17 Posts: 568 New bride

Maybe your fiance is going on about it because she feels ur losing out. Maybe just explain that you don't want a best man and its fine.

There's no pressure to have one and if you don't you won't be judged or anything! 

• Tanya128Tanya128 Posts: 1,993

My H2B is the same, he didn't have any really close friends, actually was a bit of a loner before he met me! He wasn't going to have a best man but I know my family and they would think it strange so in the end we asked the husband of my friend. Since asking, our best man has become invaluable and although its true that the best man has known me much longer than H2B and probably has more dodgy tales to tell about me, my h2B does now have someone that is a true friend in his own right,