Wedding Creches

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone had used or had thought about using a Wedding Creche to entertain the children at their wedding? If so how much was it and was it beneficial?

Many thanks

Rebecca

• SadieeeSadieee Posts: 1,781 New bride

I considered it as we would have 11 under 10's and another 3 aged between 10 and 15 at our wedding but in the end we decided it wasn't worth the money. During the reception they can entertain themselves with playing and dancing (they are all related either siblings or cousins) and as they are family H2B felt that they should be in the church, otherwise there was no point in them being at the wedding at all in his opinion.

A friend had one at her wedding and said it was good, they had 5 children under 10 there though another 3 children were at the wedding their parents wouldn't allow a stranger to look after them so kept them with them.

• Yes good point, although I have a lot of children coming, far too many to just entertain themselves.

• weatherwaxeweatherwaxe Posts: 848 New bride

My friends did this at their wedding in March and it was really successful. They didn't want kids at their ceremony so they hired a service to look after them during the ceremony and for the 1.5 hr reception drinks and canapés afterwards.  During the meal and the evening it wasn't an issue as the kids were quite happy and entertained themselves but it meant the kids didn't have to sit through the (probably to them quite boring) ceremony and the parents could have a child-free drink and a catch up before the meal started.  

• SadieeeSadieee Posts: 1,781 New bride

Do you have outdoor space or an extra rooms? You'd could provide games and activities yourself in a room next door if available or if you have outdoor space then you'll find children tend to just run off and play their own games.

I also say this as someone who as a child the use of 'kids club' style things was used as punishment (on holidays if I misbehaved they'd put me in kids club, or if we were out and I played up I'd be made to go to the kids play area, because they knew how much I hated those things haha Even now as an adult I hate being made to take part in set activities or games haha)

• Elz2017Elz2017 Posts: 316

We considered it as have a lot of kids invited - but cos we're on an island and the number of kids the quotes were coming in at nearly £2000. Gulp. We decided to have a quiet kids area available away from the rabble, with colouring stuff and games, but otherwise let the parents get on with it. Planning on having some lawn games if the weather is nice as well. Since then quite a few people have decided not to bring their kids anyway so I'm glad we didn't book it!

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,954 New bride

We are having a kid's corner -  table with drawing etc, garden games, will take some of my son's toys and a few blankets and beanbags. We will have around 10 kids under 5/6.

I did meet a lady at a wedding fair who does nannying/kid's entertainment for weddings though.