Forum home General chat

Hen party - DreamBoys

Just wanted to warn everyone that they should 100% never consider booking DreamBoys for a hen party.

We booked in to see the DreamBoys show in Nottingham on Saturday 14th April. Booking process was simple, everything okay and we were booked in for the show plus a Buffet. Then DreamBoys emailed later to say that there had been a miscommunication and the buffet was not included for the Nottingham, which was a little bit of a let down (because the price was the same as the other shows that had food included) but not a massive issue. All reasonably okay up to that point.

However, DreamBoys then emailed last minute to say that the show had been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances and we needed to email them to confirm what date we would like to be switched to. Quite frankly, this was a disaster for us. We had already organised for everyone to book in annual leave from work if needed, booked a hotel, put deposits down for other activities in the area. There was no way we were going to be able to switch the dates (and even if we had, we'd have ended up losing a lot of money). Understandably, I think, I was quite upset as this was the one thing the hen had explicitly asked for and we felt like we were letting her down. I therefore emailed requesting a further explanation as to why the show was cancelled and that we were unable to switch to another date. The booking agent completely ignored my request for further information, trying again to move my booking onto another date (for the following week, which I later found out they cancelled as well) despite me explaining there was no way we could switch. As such I went back to them stating we would need a refund as we couldn't switch dates and asking again for a more detailed explanation of the reason for cancellation. It was at that point where the company became inexcusable in my eyes. I do understand that sometimes things happen, I just wanted to know why so that we could fully explain to our friend why we hadn't managed to get everything perfect. However the abysmal booking agent told us simply that the company did not have to give us a reason, that we agreed to them cancelling last minute in the terms and conditions and they did not owe us any explanation. They also told me not to call them. I could not believe how incredibly rude they were and how unbelievably cold the response was. Needless to say I would warn everyone from even considering using DreamBoys - and would wholeheartedly recommend using any other show in the country except this horrific outfit.

• ScarletGScarletG Posts: 8

I'm so sorry to hear that happened to you! 

• Barbie3Barbie3 Posts: 340 New bride

I'm sorry u didn;t get the nite out u wanted, but is the issue really with 'Dream Boys', or with the venue/booking agent?

• Rach371Rach371 Posts: 1,135 New bride

I think you're being a bit unfair as your issue seems to be with the booking agent and not the act itself? For all you know there may have been a family emergency for someone integral to the act or illness or who knows and I don't think you're necessarily entitled to know that. They've offered to refund you so I don't really understand what else you want from them?

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,957 New bride

What did you want, a Dreamboy to ring every customer personally and explain the circumstances why they had to cancel? They've refunded you, there isn't much else they can do.

You didn't miss much anyway, I went to see them in Brighton on a hen do, the act was crap and the food was even worse.

• britbirdbritbird Posts: 1,486 New bride

PITA yes. Disaster- hardly.  I am sure the hen understands that issues happen.  Perhaps they didn't deal with it well, but equally we are only hearing one side of it here.