Gift for the Hubby 2 be

Hi All :)

id like to buy my fiancé a gift for the morning of the wedding.

I wondered if any of you had done this and if so some ideas?

I love the idea of a pocket watch and having it engraved - but in reality he has a lovely watch which he would wear and he wouldn't use the pocket watch again.

I thought of maybe some cufflinks - having them made with our wedding date and time?  nice idea

any other ideas you have had or gave to your now be husband- please let me know

thank you xxx

• MrsThimboMrsThimbo Posts: 222

I decided on a pocket watch & had it engraved. I had the same thoughts as you thinking he won’t maybe get much use out of it but my two brothers are getting married, his brother is getting married, then I’m sure there will be christenings & other weddings. It’s not something he will wear everyday but nice to think it’ll be part of future special occasions!

Also got him a box of little bits... a t-shirt, a tie pin, a bottle opener & bottle of beer, some of his fav chocolate, socks & cufflinks (not expensive ones as they are all having a different marvel character so they were a few quid from eBay!) 

• ShitGotRealShitGotReal Posts: 435 New bride

Ive got M engraved batman cufflinks, a batman suit case (he keeps telling me he's batman... *rolls eyes) Im also getting him some socks and a watch. Maybe some aftershave depending on the price of the watch! 

• Kelly224Kelly224 Posts: 962 New bride

I've done a 'Groom's' box for him to open the morning of the wedding, it has boxers that say Property of Mrs Holland, Groom socks, an engraved pocket watch, cufflinks that have the date and time of the wedding on them and will pop some other little bits in there like mints etc.

• AwhelenqtAwhelenqt Posts: 856 New bride

I'm following this because in the past I've gotten him special cufflinks, an engraved tie clip, a watch, a hip flask, ties... He doesn't wear them often only for special occasions and he'll wear them for our wedding so I don't know!

I don't want to get him socks or pants because I want to get something special but ugh I don't know!!! If I could afford it I'd get him the new iPhone but that's never gonna happen!

• Watching this thread as well.  I'm not sure when the watch/ cufflink thing began, but it really does seem like these are the two options everyone goes with - and neither would suit my OH in the slightest.  He doesn't wear a watch (and was actually making fun of me the other day for wanting one!) and doesn't even own a shirt that utilizes cufflinks. I don't think he'd know what they are if he got a pair!  There have to be other ideas...

• MrsGtoBMrsGtoB Posts: 712 New bride

I’m having some bridal boudoir photos done 😬 I’ll probably get him some other bits like his favourite beer etc  to go with them 

• AwhelenqtAwhelenqt Posts: 856 New bride

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/285711501/groomsmen-decanter-personalized-decanter?ref=shop_home_active_57

I don't know how many of your fiancés love scotch as much as mine but I've been looking at gift ideas after reading this thread and found this! I'm going to get it engraved to say 

Matty

Forever Starts Today 

Helen 

• I going to follow this thread too because I am proper stuck for ideas! My H2B:

- doesn't drink or smoke

- doesn't own, want, require a shirt that would accommodate cufflinks 

- hates watches 

- hates jewellery in general because he's very handsy at work - he will wear a wedding ring on special occasions/outside of work when he remembers to put it on 

- doesn't follow any particular sport, just watches the F1 occasionally 

He does however, love mechanical engineering. He designs bomb disposal robots for a living so the 'put together yourself robots' that are sold on the high street are not advanced enough for him - its like giving a babies rattle to a teenager to play with. He also likes mountain biking and partaking in water sports. 

• Mrs2018Mrs2018 Posts: 398
    August2018Bride wrote (see post):

I going to follow this thread too because I am proper stuck for ideas! My H2B:

- doesn't drink or smoke

- hates watches 

- hates jewellery in general because he's very handsy at work - he will wear a wedding ring on special occasions/outside of work when he remembers to put it on 

He does however, love mechanical engineering. He designs bomb disposal robots for a living so the 'put together yourself robots' that are sold on the high street are not advanced enough for him - its like giving a babies rattle to a teenager to play with. He also likes mountain biking and partaking in water sports. 

What about personalised tools? I've looking at things like this for my h2b x

• August2018Bride wrote (see post):

- doesn't drink or smoke

- hates watches 

Are we marrying the same man??!!  Mine is EXACTLY the same (works with his hands in a brutal environment too).  That's why the watch/cuff link/ flask thing would never work.

The look I would get if I got him something like this would be priceless though. I read a (beautiful) older wedding report on here a few days ago where the bride bought the groom a Rolex (!)  My OH wouldn't even want one.

• Mrs2018 wrote (see post):

- doesn't drink or smoke

- hates watches 

What about personalised tools? I've looking at things like this for my h2b x

Lovely idea but the man has more tools than a tool shop. I wouldn't know what he hasn't got! Lol Although, its a good place to brain storm for something innovative....hmmmm..... :) x

• Mrs2018Mrs2018 Posts: 398

Haha that' like mine. He has all the tools that are on there but they are full sized. Something like this will probably live in his car for emergancies 😂

• KittyFiennes wrote (see post):

- doesn't drink or smoke

- hates watches 

Are we marrying the same man??!!  Mine is EXACTLY the same (works with his hands in a brutal environment too).  That's why the watch/cuff link/ flask thing would never work.

The look I would get if I got him something like this would be priceless though. I read a (beautiful) older wedding report on here a few days ago where the bride bought the groom a Rolex (!)  My OH wouldn't even want one. 

My H2B would probably say to me "why waste your f-ing money on this sh*t?!" if I bought him any of those gifts lololol So hard to buy for. I once bought him a top of the range air compressor, I mean this thing is a beast and he almost wet himself haha! This is not normal! lol 

• Lexi90Lexi90 Posts: 971

Argh my H2B is so hard to get something for as well! 

I was going to go with the pocket watch idea until his sister got him one for Christmas - graH! He did love it too. 

He has his cuff links as well. 

I just can’t see personalised socks, boxers etc going down well either. 

• Angelamay87Angelamay87 Posts: 153

I want to get OH a watch but the ones he has his eye on are insanely expensive! If I could I would.

So I am not too sure, the bridal boudoir shoot sounds great and a groom's box.

Sad I know but I will write him a letter and give it to him to read in private on the day of the wedding,when we met I used to do one every month we were together, and he actually mensioned it the other day and was upset I stopped so I will do one for this occasion :) xx

• I've been thinking about what to get mine too. He loves a pocket watch but the ones he's seen are in excess of £500. He's wearing brown leather braces on the day and I've seen some on etsy that can have our initials engraved and the wedding date on the back so I thought that'd be a nice suprise for him. 

• I've bought mine surprise tickets to see one of his favourite bands the day after the wedding (he really wants to go but thinks he can't because of the date). And I've also got him a signed congratulations message from his favourite football club which I'm going to frame. I will probably do him a Groom's Box too.

Watches, cufflinks etc. are lovely but they seem so impersonal to me. Unless your H2B is actually into those things, then I wouldn't buy them for the sake of it. Just think about what he really likes and what he'll be excited to unwrap x