what would you do?

i got a quote from a chair cover hire company and then paid £50 deposit on 17/8 but after various emails to prompt the company I still haven't received confirmation of deposit or a contract of any sort. They emailed me back at the weekend and told me they email me it on tues and still NOTHING.

what should I do now? i'm panicking a bit that i might have been diddled!!!

help

Sian x x x x

• CeleryukCeleryuk Posts: 3,640
    Have you checked your bank statement to see of the cheque has been cashed? If yes you need to carry on calling them to have a receipt or a contract. Do you have at least a quote from them?

If not, you send them a recorded letter asking for a contract and receipt.

• purplepunkukpurplepunkuk Posts: 3,187
    i paid via paypal so it was instant payment!!

yes i have a quote from them!!

i'm not sure i want to use this company if they haven't even the courtesy to send out a receipt!!!

Sian x x x x

[Modified by: purplepunk on August 31, 2007 10:46 AM]
  • kate342kate342 Posts: 3,358
    I can understand your disgruntlement :\(

I know it sounds drastic but I would be seriously tempted to withdraw payment.

Have you looked into getting a refund via Paypal?

i will see if i get any post today cos i don't think postie has been yet today. then if nothing i'll try phoning them later.

Sian x x x x
    I agree with Lilcorker, get a refund if you can and find someone who is willing to work professionally.

i've actually had a reply to an email i sent today!!! hooray!! confirmed payment of deposit and sending contract /confirmation out today!!

Sian x x x
    I am happy for you as you must be relieved.

They might just be a bit slow and dealing with lots of enquiries.

i was starting to panic thinking i'd been conned!!! he claimed he has been unwell but i do realise it's a busy time of year for anyone in the wedding industry!!

Sian x x x x
  • Emma_GiffordEmma_Gifford Posts: 1,589
    its not that bloke kevin or whatever his name is from that dodgy linen company is it?
    no defo a different company!!! soon see if i get anything in the post!! if nothing arrives i will book with someone else!!

Sian x x x x
  • BaxterukBaxteruk Posts: 3,373
    Phew!!! Musta been a bit hairy there!!!! Glad it all got sorted though xx