Forum home General chat

Aks about small gift for hens?

Hi all, 

My hen do is coming up soon. My sister has planned it as a complete surprise (I was happy to be involved but she wanted to do it that way). All I know is that it's a weekend away in shared house-type accommodation, roughly what part of the country it's in, and who's coming - which is nearly everyone I invited. 

I'm quite socially anxious and often get paranoid that people don't really like me, so it really means a lot to me that my friends are making the effort to come. 

I do know that it's pretty low-cost for a weekend hen - I made my sister tell me the cost per head as I was worried about it being too expensive for people. But I'm still touched that people are spending money to come.

I was wondering what you guys thought of getting a little token gift to say thanks to everyone who's making the effort to be there. I'm not talking anything fancy, just a wee chocolate thing or something like that.

Do you think it's a good idea? Would you appreciate the gesture? And any ideas of what to give?

Thanks in advance <3

• I think that's a lovely idea! It only needs to be something small like you said, just a small gesture would be really appreciated I'm sure.
    Off the top of my head, some ideas: hand cream, chocolates, a nice mug, small bottle of their favourite alcohol, cute pair of socks, mini picture frame, etc. Lots of shops still have sales on so you could get something nice for a bit cheaper than usual. I love Oliver Bonas for gifts, maybe Accessorize could be good for this too? A little purse or something x