Forum home General chat

Please help!

Okay so I will try and keep this as short as I can. Myself and my fiancé were due to get married beginning of this month. As lockdown began back in march, we knew our wedding would not go ahead. We then decided to start trying to conceive on the 4th April. I came off the pill on the 4th april, and we have been trying ever since. However, I have had my first natural period been and gone, and My period tracker estimates we will hopefully be fertile most of this week. I have been very excited to start trying and hoping it will go somewhere... However, we had originally re scheduled our wedding for this coming September, and I was happy with the fact i'd have been a few months pregnant (hopefully) at that time, but we have now rearranged our wedding yet again! lol. We are now due to get married 14th may next year. The only problem now is that our wedding is 52 weeks away. I've been panicking that we are trying to cram it all into one year. Ideally it would take this whole month to conceive(in an ideal world),i'd then be pregnant for 40ish weeks, and then due to get married 9 weeks or so later.. Would we be mad to do this? I'm wondering if any one on here has ever got married and had a very young baby at their wedding? Was it stressful? Or would you not have had it any other way? I've weighed out pros and cons obviously, however i'm not sure if we should wait, or just do it! My fiancé is keen to keep trying, but we really only have this month to decide, other wise my due date would be too close to the wedding! Plus I've just done my first ovulation test this afternoon and there's nice positive line and it's bang on, on the week of my predicted fertile window! Do we do this or not? I understand its only a choice we can make but we don't know how we would be on our wedding day with a 2 month old baby. Please help, a very confused bride and groom to be! haha xxxxx

• MrsOD19MrsOD19 Posts: 773 New bride
    Hiya,

I think it depends on how much you want a baby, I dont mean to put a downer on your expectations but it may take longer than one month to conceive, theres lots of ladies I know who are trying and theres still no conception after 6 months plus, I include myself in that.  So you may well be pregnant on your wedding day rather than have a baby there.  Most people who have their own small children at their wedding dont regret it but obviously their day may be different and they may have to rely on childcare! Only you both know how much you want a baby or if you put it off until after the wedding.  Would it change how you see the day? Would you be able to let your dress out if you have a bump? Do you want to drink at your wedding or is that not a big deal? Where are you going on honeymoon? Can that be adapted for a baby to come? Theres lots of questions to ask! I'm sure you'll make the right decision and wish you luck on your TTC journey !
  • Bridetobe2020Bridetobe2020 Posts: 89 New bride
    MrsOD19 said:
    Hiya,

I think it depends on how much you want a baby, I dont mean to put a downer on your expectations but it may take longer than one month to conceive, theres lots of ladies I know who are trying and theres still no conception after 6 months plus, I include myself in that.  So you may well be pregnant on your wedding day rather than have a baby there.  Most people who have their own small children at their wedding dont regret it but obviously their day may be different and they may have to rely on childcare! Only you both know how much you want a baby or if you put it off until after the wedding.  Would it change how you see the day? Would you be able to let your dress out if you have a bump? Do you want to drink at your wedding or is that not a big deal? Where are you going on honeymoon? Can that be adapted for a baby to come? Theres lots of questions to ask! I'm sure you'll make the right decision and wish you luck on your TTC journey !
    Hi there! Thank you so much for the response! Xxx this month is our cut off point to be fair. If nothing comes from this we have then decided to wait until after the wedding. I understand we may not conceive straight away and I'm preparing for that. We currently have no honeymoon booked! We haven't even tried to sort one yet because of this whole covid situation. If I'm honest I cannot shake the feeling of wanting a baby so much! My sister always told me once I get that urge to want to try nothing will get in the way of it and I know what she means now. We have been talking about it saying we would love to have our baby there at our wedding. The way we see it now is that fate will play it part. I've been testing positive on OPKs the last 24 hours and we did the deed this morning. The likelyhood of it working just after one unprotected sex session is slim, however if its meant to be then it will be! 😊 Xxx