Forum home General chat

Questions for a wedding photographer

Hey guys,

I'm currently looking at a photographer to book to shoot my wedding but before I give her a deposit, I'd like to interview her so I know she's as good as her 4-5 star ratings. Obviously, I googled questions to ask but I'd like to know what you guys have asked your photographers? And if there were any questions you wished you had asked before the wedding?

• AmyFSToBeAmyFSToBe Posts: 329 New bride
    Probably quite standard but a few things I asked were:
    • Do you have backup equipment/cameras?
    • What do you do to minimise the risk of any file loss?
    • How much would you charge if on the day we wanted you to stay an hour or two more?
    • Do you require a meal/break? If yes to a meal, check as some require the full wedding 3 course meal, whereas others are fine with a supplier meal which venues tend to do!
    • Do you have any travel costs?
    • Are you happy to split the time in the morning between myself and the groom for getting ready shots? (I guess this only applies if you're getting ready at the same place! Worth checking as some do 'groom getting ready shots' as an add on/more expensive package)
    • What would happen if you were unwell on the day/had an emergency?
    • What is the turnaround time to get the photos back?
    • Are they edited/retouched? Are you flexible with your editing style if we want a particular look?
    • Can you send us a few 'sneak peek' pictures a few days/a week after our wedding day?
    • Do you have public liability insurance/PAT tested equipment? (this is required by our venue for all suppliers)
    • What's your cancellation/refund/postponement policy?
    • Do you post our photos on your social media/website/blog? Can we ask request for these not to be posted/not without our prior consent?
    That's all I can think of for now! I haven't gotten married yet but felt very comfortable booking after running through this list of questions.