Will i look pathetic???

Hi girlies,

there is a wedding fair on near to me on sunday which i want to go to.... only prob is all my bridal party are busy! will i look sad if i go on my own????

• happybunnyukhappybunnyuk Posts: 1,869
    nooooo course not,

there was one on nr me the day i went to the one at Earls court, H2B was working so mum came with me, but had she of changed her mind then i was happy to walk down to this local one, and it had lots of free competitions to enter ! so go along! you never know you might get lucky lol, plus as its a local one its good to know whats on your doorstep and if you did want to take any of your local suppliers up on their servies you would meet them again and then take H2B with you anyways xx
  • rmacukrmacuk Posts: 663
    of course not - in fact it will probably help you focus a little and be able to ask questions of the suppliers etc.

I am sure anyone would be pleased to go with you - there's no rule it has to be part of the bridal party - esp if there are any freebies on the go!!!

you can always go and leave again if you feel funny

have fun x
  • LiLiukLiLiuk Posts: 1,548
    so THATS why people give me funny looks!!

I prefer to do the organising on my own. Not that i dont have anyone to go with i just prefer the peace and time alone!
  • nic_linenic_line Posts: 413
    LMW - you made me giggle! Im sure its just me being overly worried.....and not that i/you would look sad!
  • KristyukKristyuk Posts: 897
    No way, I went dress shopping and bought my dress on my own!
  • ArransRoseArransRose Posts: 1,199
    No, you won't look pathetic, it's sure to be busy anyway, just mingle in with the crowd!

Where is the wedding fair, I know it's not here, (I live on a scottish island :lolimage....but maybe someone will read this and volunteer to go with you to pick up ideas? I have only been to one in glasgow and I loved it....going to another, same place next Feb.....can't wait!

Good luck!
  • shopaholicukshopaholicuk Posts: 1,478
    yes where abouts is it

not been to any wedding fairs yet
  • No you will be fine. Go and enjoy yourself.

xx
  • not at all..I went to all my fittings on my own....just the way it was as all my pals are in england and I live in scotland!!
  • CeleryukCeleryuk Posts: 3,640
    don't be silly, of course not! I went dress shopping on my own too and done most of the things on my own.
  • nic_linenic_line Posts: 413
    its at Detling showground in Kent - anyone going? Looks like h2b can make it now so panic over.... image
  • millsktmillskt Posts: 51
    hey MrsMaguire2b, i live in kent and am getting married the week after you on the 30th?! what are you plans so far? how much have you planned so far? i can't go to the wedding fair as am having a tasting with caterers bit of a shame but it'll be good to actually book them at last! we should prob start a new post but i don't actually know how!! haha take care
  • Go on your own! I went to the NWS with MOH, who turned extremely hungover, moaned all day, kept having to go to the ladies to be sick! I wish I has just planned to go on my own.
  • If your H2B is anything like mine you will do better on your own. Mine came to one and stood around looking bored, faining interest and asking "are we done yet?" I've been to a couple on my own since and it was a far more pleasant experience!!!!!