anyone else off work ill?

i am. i'm really p*ssed off about it to be honest, because another few weeks & i'll have made 1 year without a sick day.

but i have started with a sore throat & cough, my skin feels 'bruised', runny nose & generally just feel like poo. this is how i felt just before i got flu a few years ago, & we have no heating at work at the moment ( a few little heaters but i work in a large open plan space so it doesn't heat up).

my hair needs washing & i look like sh*t, sat here in my cr*ppy old bath robe. image

• awh bless, im not off ill but im off with my sick kiddies. there getting better now but its stressful the crying that you just can't stop. bless them.

Just play on here all day image)

• Just come back from being off but still feel Icky. I was off last week with the same symptoms...constantly runny nose, achey, cough, sore throat etc.. I thought it had gone away but it came back with a vengeance on Monday night! Loads of people been off here with it, and just bumped into someone who said they still felt sh1t after a month!
  • shellbob73shellbob73 Posts: 3,153
    uurrgghhh, that doesn't sound too good spunkyfrog. i'm hoping that spending today in will help me feel better.

what is your avatar picture btw? :\(
  • DeborahtDeboraht Posts: 2,882
    I am!

I have a huge abcess on my tooth and it has got infected so I had emergency dentist app yesterday (after 10 years of not going to the dentist!) I had it temporarily filled until the infection has gone and am on 2 lots of antibiotics. Its not that long ago I had an infected mozzie bite and was on loads of tablets, I hate it coz I feel all sluggish, my skin is suffering and just look and feel awful.

Oh well, hopefully a day off will help- but back in tomorrow!
  • I off work as well but not coz i feel ill. I fractured my wrist in work 3 1/2 weeks ago so been off since, and they only plastered it yesterday, so going back to work on Monday yey.

xx